• Back to Homepage
  • Doogie's LITTER KWITTER Forums - The Place for Cat Toilet Training  
    Old October 29th 2008, 01:29 AM
    Site Admin

Default poops on the floor

I have one cat who is a very fast learner, was pooping in the toilet almost immediately. Then all of a sudden he starts pooping on the floor. He pees in the toilet but never poops in the toilet anymore. Has anyone solved this and actually gotten to the last stage? I mean aside from having to be there EVERY single time they are pooping? I have been at this for over 5 months now and he has been pooping on the floor for the past month.
    Old October 29th 2008, 01:50 PM
    Site Admin

Read all the forums, there is plenty on your topic. Things you need to think about was how fast have you progressed? Did you progress to far for him? Have you tried going back a stage? Has he fallen off while doing a poo which has made him feel insecure? He will most likely have a reason for pooing on the floor you just need to figure out what it is.
    Old October 30th 2008, 02:53 AM
    Site Admin

Default cat poos on floor

Geee thanks for all your help. I once hired a tutor and they told me I basically needed to read the manual too. Because he didn't have a clue how to teach.
    What do you think I have been doing. I have read all the forums. I feed the cats pumpkin, I give them treats when they are on the toilet, I praise them when they go. I have put bath matt on the seat, I thoroughly wash when he goes on the floor, I put blocks and items on the floor so he can't go there. I ignore him when he goes on the floor. I have waited for a month each stage and been very patient with them. Of course they have fallen off the toilet before, etc. I have gone back stages. Basically though the cat still pees in the toilet and poos on the floor. He waits until I am not around.
    Anyone else have any ideas, other than to tell me to read the forum and figure it out?
    Old October 30th 2008, 05:17 AM
    Site Admin

Well you should have told us what you have previously attempted in your first post. I don't blame KatnGiz for the response given because there are a LOT of people that post on here asking the same question without reading anything and I'd've given the same answer if she hadn't beat me to it.

Yes, I have gotten past pooping on the floor. My cat, Paqi, (also my darling little digger) pooped on the floor for 7 months before she got into the habit of going on the toilet. We're now on white stage and haven't had any accidents in a while. My cats had a couple litterboxes while I was out of town this past weekend, so I was worried that there might be some accidents when I returned and took them away; instead, this morning I was wakened by my cat scratching the toilet seat after pooing on the toilet.

I wasn't around every time my cat was going, but the process did require quite a bit of patience. Have you tried putting cat attractant or cat relaxing scents on/around the toilet? Try using different treats.

Without knowing anything about your cat's habits, we can't really offer any advice. Instead of lashing out about how unhelpful people are, why don't you try to help yourself by telling us more details regarding your situation?

Last edited by alikat : October 30th 2008 at 05:19 AM. Reason: fixing my bad grammar
    Old October 30th 2008, 12:15 PM
    Site Admin

Red face

i have been using this for nearly a year and haven't found anything that works, i've tried backwards and forwards, treats, even litter box but so far have found absolutely nothing that works, except continually cleaning it up, for him to replace it. if u do find anything that works, PLEASE post it to my thread, good luck.
    Old October 30th 2008, 02:27 PM
    Site Admin

eandb, I understand that you are frustrated. I have been training Giz since May 2007. She like many others did not fit into the "train your cats in 8 weeks" category.

If you went to the doctor to complain of a headache they would not just give you the solution. First they need to ask when you started having the headaches, are you under stress, etc, as well as checking you physically. Just telling us that your cat is now pooing on the floor when he never use to is not enough information. We are not mind readers, heck if we were all our cats would have graduated by now!

We have all had our own struggles and we need to remember that cats are just like humans, they are all different and will react to things in different ways. One solution will not work for everyone. That is why we need to figure out what is upsetting our own cats. Yes this forum has helped me progress to where I am now (green), but it has also given me the encouragement to keep trying as I read about other difficult cats and their successes.
    Old November 3rd 2008, 04:02 AM
    Site Admin

Default floor

This thing should come with a warning that you risk untraining your cat for the litter box if you use it. Because now not only will he not go on the toilet, he won't go in the litter box either and prefers the floor.
    Old November 3rd 2008, 04:07 AM
    Site Admin

Also, why post at all if you are just going to tell someone to go read the forum. Obviously if someone is on here, they came on to read the forums.
    Perhaps you are addicting to posting but posting something that basically says, "I am not going to help you because you should find your own help by reading the forum" is a waste of my time and condescending.
    Old November 4th 2008, 01:45 AM
    Site Admin

Most cats don't have issues with going back to the litterbox after and during toilet training. I know that due to the amount of traveling I have done over the past year, my cats have been continually back-and-forth between the litterbox and various stages of the LK. There has never been an issue with them failing to revert back to the litterbox, although one of my cats no longer buries her messes too successfully after using it. I know that other users of the LK forums have mentioned that going back to the litterbox was not an issue, either. Looks like you just have a "special case."

I'll just reiterate and say that without telling us more about you and your cats' lifestyles, we will be hard-pressed to offer constructive advice. Your most recent posts are not of any use to those of us who would be willing to brainstorm for you.
    Old November 5th 2008, 12:58 PM
    Site Admin

Look, eandb, this forum is for discussion about training cats on the LK. If you insist on having a go at people then perhaps you should find another avenue. And if you re-read my initial post I did not say that I am not going to help you, in fact I asked you questions... how is that not helping?