• Back to Homepage
  • Doogie's LITTER KWITTER Forums - The Place for Cat Toilet Training  
    Old January 30th 2008, 04:50 AM
    Site Admin

Default Flushable litter in mainland Europe?

Am having problems finding some! I haven't found any of the brands listed here so far. The nearest I have got it "Cat's Best" but a bit of searching on the internet showed several different versions and I'm not sure which are flushable. Met with a blank look when I asked at the pet shop. I found a crystal one today which didn't say it wasn't, but had a lot of information on the bag and it didn't mention that it was flushable! So, anyone in Europe, can you please tell me what you are using? I am in Belgium but prepared to travel to neighbouring countries if necessary! Many thanks.
    Old January 30th 2008, 03:53 PM
    Site Admin

Don't worry, the crystal type is flushable, and I recommend using it. We didn't have any problems with it so far, we've been 4 months with Amber stage (now on Green and very happy), and a lot of litter fell into the toilet and did not cause any plumbing problems after flushing.
    Old February 13th 2008, 04:08 AM
    Site Admin

Finally have found "World's Best" and it seems the only one that I can get which is flushable. The crystal one wasn't - I'm not sure of the brand. I need to stock up while I can so, if at all possible, can anyone predict how long a 16 lb bag will last? I'm cleaning the LK once a day. Just wondering how many bags to invest in! Also would still like info on Cat's Best, if anyone knows. The assistant today said he thought it was but wasn't sure. Cat's Best would be a lot easier for me to get hold of.
    Old February 13th 2008, 06:18 AM
    Site Admin

Unfortunately, the length of time a bag of litter will last depends greatly on your cats -- how enthusiastic they are about digging, whether or not they like to recreationally toss the litter into the toilet water, etc. In the beggining, I bought a 20-lb bag of litter and expected it to last me a while...we went through it in less than a month!

If you haven't had a flushable litter before now, I am assuming you are still on red or beginning the amber stage. Amber and green usually tend to take quite some time (although there are a FEW fast cruisers that have passed through the forum) so it may be a safe bet to grab several bags while you can -- especially since changing litter on the cats partway through training can be difficult!

Best of luck,

Alikat
    Old February 13th 2008, 10:19 AM
    Site Admin

Ok, that's good to know. Am just starting out but as the LK doesn't fit the toilet seat properly - there is a gap at the back - already there is litter going down the toilet. It is flushing away but I don't want the pipes to get clogged up, so I am in need already!
    Old February 13th 2008, 11:18 AM
    Site Admin

i buy 7 lb. bags of world's best cat litter. for some reason, it is cheaper per oz. than buying the 18 lb. bag at my local petsmart (and more convenient). each bag lasted me about a week and a half while i was on the red and intermediate amber stages. but, my cat never pushed litter down the hole for fun like some other cats.

now that we have moved to the main amber stage, it will be easier for her to get litter down the hole, so i may need to use more litter for awhile but i'm going to continue to keep the disc pretty full until she learns how to go #1 and #2 down the hole.