• Back to Homepage
  • Doogie's LITTER KWITTER Forums - The Place for Cat Toilet Training  
    Old July 6th 2012, 03:29 AM
    Site Admin

Default It's been 1 month, and BACK to red. Ugh.

I have 2 cats, Van and Jasper. We "adopted" them from my son's teacher who moved to Africa to teach. Van (the older one) freaked when he came to live with us, so much so that I didn't even know what he looked like for 4 months. Jasper, on the other hand, took to our family very well, and is a happy, go lucky cat.

Fast forward 8 months when I began to try the LK. Things went well until I moved to the Intermediate Amber stage. (I purchased the extra rings after reading about the cardboard method.) Jasper does all his business on the LK. Van pees there, but poops on the floor next to the toilet. Before this, he did both on the bathroom rug until I took it away completely.

So, we have 2 cats, both pee in LK, only one poops there. This morning, I found poop in the bedroom that ajoins the bathroom. I decided to go back to red. Good decision? I suppose I can only go as fast as the slowest cat.

Thank you in advance!
    Old July 8th 2012, 02:52 AM
    Site Admin

Woke up this morning with pee and pool on the bed in the room ajoining the bathroom!!! I'm thinking of locking both cats in the bathroom tonight, although I hate to do that to the "good" one, but if he has to go to the bathroom, he would be locked out.
    Old July 8th 2012, 02:53 AM
    Site Admin

POO, not POOL.
    Old July 8th 2012, 03:55 AM
    Site Admin

Quote:
    Originally Posted by shopperanon View Post
    Woke up this morning with pee and pool on the bed in the room ajoining the bathroom!!! I'm thinking of locking both cats in the bathroom tonight, although I hate to do that to the "good" one, but if he has to go to the bathroom, he would be locked out.
    If you lock them in there, make sure there are no rugs or towels down, our sammy usually chooses that over the lk when we have to do that to him.
    Old July 9th 2012, 11:13 PM
    Site Admin

Yes, I had thought of that. They have already ruined a bathroom rug.
    Old July 11th 2012, 02:59 AM
    Site Admin

I went to the gym today, and when I returned, one cat had peed on my son's bed! I can't shut his door because that is the bathroom the cats use.

I have put the red disc on the floor, but I think the "good cat" is using it so he doesn't have to jump on the potty.

Should I just go back to a litter box until these cats calm down and stop peeing everywhere?
    Old July 15th 2012, 10:51 PM
    Site Admin

It is a big problem that you can't separate the cats from the bedroom because even good cats can get tempted to use the bed. I suggest using a tarp mat or shower curtain on the bed when you are away so the cats won't go on it. It might also help to remove the comforter...I do think it would be good to go back to the litterbox so they can calm down before you try again