• Back to Homepage
  • Doogie's LITTER KWITTER Forums - The Place for Cat Toilet Training  
    Old November 14th 2011, 02:29 PM
    Site Admin

Default Our First Day

Hi. I have 2 Bengals ages 6 months (female named Asia) and 4 months (male named Tokyo). I will be getting my 2 month old female (Jade) next week. I just started my 2 on the LK last night. Tokyo is doing well. He pooped and peed on all day. Asia has not eliminated at all today. This morning I found pee and poo on top of a laundry basket full of clean folded clothes. I didn't see who did it but I would bet it was Asia. I put both kitties in the bathroom with the door shutfor about 2 hours while I went out to run some errands. I did this because I normally keep their litter box in the laundry room so I wanted them to know the new location of the litter. This evening I put them both in the bathroom again but this time I sat in with them. Asia has no interest whatsoever still. I know its only day one but I don't know what to do to spark her interest. If anyone has any ideas I would appreciate it. I would also like some input on what I should do next week when I get the new kitten. Should I start her right away on the lk or is 8 weeks too young? If its too young then how do I keep her litter box seperate so the older kitties stay on track with the lk and don't try to use it? Thank you!!
    Old November 14th 2011, 04:21 PM
    Site Admin

8 weeks is a bit young, I started mine at 11 and 13 weeks. If I were you I would just stay on the red stage until your youngest is around 11 weeks old. It's just a good thing to stay on one stage a long time because they will have the time to feel safe around the LK and make it a habit for them to only use it and not somewhere else. Put a step beside the toilet so it's easier for the cats to jump on the toilet and for them to be able to take a look before jumping on it.

I would advice you to read trough the links in this thread before moving on in the training, some very helpful tips and stories here: http://www.litterkwitter.com/forums/...ead.php?t=3095