• Back to Homepage
  • Doogie's LITTER KWITTER Forums - The Place for Cat Toilet Training  
    Old September 30th 2011, 08:10 AM
    Site Admin

Default flushable litter brands.

i live in england and the only flushable litter i found is the worlds best cat litter and it costs quite a bit. so i was wondering what others are using and if there is any other cheeper brands that are sold in england.
    Old September 30th 2011, 08:20 AM
    Site Admin

We have very little choice here, I am using crystal and a prayer, and lots of flushing
    Old September 30th 2011, 08:42 AM
    Site Admin

I have no idea what is sold in england, but after reading around here I think sweat scoop is one of the best flushable cat litters for toilet training...

Here are some threads I found about flushable litter:

http://www.litterkwitter.com/forums/...itter+br ands

http://www.litterkwitter.com/forums/...itter+b rands

http://www.litterkwitter.com/forums/...itter+br ands

http://litterkwitter.com/forums/showthread.php?t=897
    Old October 1st 2011, 06:30 AM
    Site Admin

Smile feline pine?

Here in the USA we have an affordable brand called "Feline Pine". Do they not have this in the UK? It's very nice, made of natural pine, more "forest like" and dissolves quickly and easily. Smells pretty good too!

FELINE PINE Webpage << Check it out
    Old October 1st 2011, 06:36 AM
    Site Admin

Quote:
    Originally Posted by jennisue View Post
    Here in the USA we have an affordable brand called "Feline Pine". Do they not have this in the UK? It's very nice, made of natural pine, more "forest like" and dissolves quickly and easily. Smells pretty good too!

FELINE PINE Webpage << Check it out
    I have heard some cats don't like the smell of it...But they are all different...
    Old October 1st 2011, 06:45 AM
    Site Admin

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Norwegiangirl85 View Post
    I have heard some cats don't like the smell of it...But they are all different...
    really? hmm, well luckily our cat uses it just fine. Thankfully, b/c I HATE buying cat litter, and I HATE the smell of that nasty traditional clay litter.
    Old October 1st 2011, 07:24 PM
    Site Admin

Default Flushable Litter

I'm in Australia and would be interested in what other Ausies use?

I am using the crystals, Meeshka doesn't mind the sizzling sound in the toilet, but she is still on the Red stage, I scoop the poop out and flush it, she loves to watch and will stand on the bare rim of the toilet while I do it...

One problem I have is she is quite pedantic about having clean litter ALL the time, she doesn't like using the litter for another #1 if she has already done it in there, I am finding that a bit of a pain because the crystals are quite expensive and have gone through a 20kg bag in just over a month... my next step (today) is to put only a small amount of litter around the disk and see how she will take to that...

I also can't see anywhere on the litter container if the crystals are flushable, but so far I haven't had a problem, but then again not much gets in at the moment I guess it will be different in amber and green???
    Old October 1st 2012, 02:41 PM
    Site Admin

Default Cheaper version of Worlds Best corn litter

Hi Folks, I learned well from my Koba's Devon Rex breeder (Kurakats) for the same corn product as Worlds Best kitty litter for a fraction of the cost. I buy Chicken Feed and it is as cheap as well...Chicken Feed. I get the Purina brand called Layena and get the type that is called Crumbles. It has worked great too! I get a 50 pound bag for $17 US. I expect I won't need it all and will give the leftover to my egg man. Koba's breeder has used it and had no trouble when the little ones ate a few bites as they do. It also clumps quite well and they had little odor. It was nice to stay with what my Koba was raised with and has made the Kwitter easy so far. I started him on the toilet and did not have to use LK the floor. I did email World's Best litter about flushing on a septic system and they no longer can recommend it for some odd legal reason. Yet they assured me that many do and have had no complaints. I will update if there are any problems. But if Koba can't Kwit the litter (which I doubt) I would use this all the time.
    Old October 2nd 2012, 08:55 AM
    Site Admin

Smile

I use Cat's Best Íko Plus cat litter from zooplus, it is more coarse than pine

It is international
    zooplus.de zooplus.com zooplus.co.uk zooplus.nl zooplus.fr zooplus.be zooplus.ie zooplus.pl zooplus.it zooplus.es zoohit.cz zooplus.fi zoohit.sk zooplus.dk zooplus.ch zoochic-eu.ru zooplus.hu zooplus.ro zoohit.si zooplus.se
    Old October 2nd 2012, 08:40 PM
    Site Admin

I also use the Íko litter from the Zooplus, the regular kind. It flushes down our toilet quite well. Sometimes not all of it will flush in one go, but at least we haven't had any clogging problems. It's more expensive than normal litter, but I also wouldn't know what other kind to get. I'm in the Netherlands, so if anybody has a better suggestion I'm curious. We have already used 12 liters, and we're only on the Amber stage. :P This is taking somewhat more time than I had expected.