• Back to Homepage
  • Doogie's LITTER KWITTER Forums - The Place for Cat Toilet Training  
    Old August 26th 2011, 08:10 AM
    Site Admin

Unhappy Spaying Setback

We have been trying to train Maio (5yo boy), and Qiqi (7mo girl) for the last three months. Maio got the hang of it, and was using the amber stage, with a plastic cut-out to make the hole smaller. Qiqi was still having difficulty adjusting to amber. Lots of accidents (in the tub, behind the TV...)
    This week, Qiqi was spayed, and because of the recovery collar she has to wear, her balance is off, and she should limit her jumping. We also don't want to interfere with her pee or poop while she is recovering, so we're back at the litter box. Of course, Maio is also back on the box, and happy as a clam! I hope it doesn't take as long to retrain them both back to the litter quitter!

Last edited by RoDee : August 26th 2011 at 08:14 AM. Reason: typo
    Old August 26th 2011, 08:29 AM
    Site Admin

My cats did not get the litterbox back because they usually are normal after just one day, the first day my boys were all good and my girl was just sleeping anyway...I think that even if they are back to the litterbox it won't take them long to get back to were they were, maybe it will go even faster this time...(Anyway, can't they used the red tray as a litterbox?...She doesn't need to balance on it as long as it is on the floor...)
    Old September 3rd 2011, 03:53 AM
    Site Admin

Once Qiqi jumped from the floor up to a tall stool, I knew she was OK to jump to the toilet. They are both back on the red stage, and doing well. We'll start back on the amber stage in a few weeks.
    Old September 3rd 2011, 05:01 AM
    Site Admin

That's good news! I just got my 6 month old spayed last week. I was thinking about putting the LK on the floor for her and Malibu, but when she got home, she was jumping all over the place and seemed fine. I still tried to get her to calm down so she didn't rip out her stitches, but she didn't listen

I just watched her really closely the first 2 days she was back home to make sure she didn't fall in the toilet and drown. Everything worked out for us