• Back to Homepage
  • Doogie's LITTER KWITTER Forums - The Place for Cat Toilet Training  
    Old February 21st 2011, 05:56 AM
    Site Admin

Exclamation LK doesn't fit on my toilet.

We were excited to start training Quark to use the toilet, but found that when we went to put it on the toilet, our toilet bowl is too wide to accommodate the LK. It want's to spring back up off the bowl, and is not very stable. Quark is already eager to use it, and already has used it on the floor, but we can't seem to make that transition until it fits properly. Any suggestions? We have removed the spring clips and it is still too wide to fit inside the outer rim of the LK...

Thanks,

Justin
    (Quark's dad)
    Old February 22nd 2011, 01:21 AM
    Site Admin

Default Easy to cut

Hi,
    I had to cut my LK to fit my wide toilet too.
    I marked it with a marker, where it started to get pushed out by the toilet, on each side. Then, I cut it with a hacksaw. It cut very easily.

I also took the clips out, and it fit my toilet perfectly. Just to be on the safe side - since my cat likes to leap onto it with crazy, kitty abandon - I put a piece of tape on it, attaching it to the bowl for a bit of extra security.

I have some video on here with my cardboard/duct tape insert that I made, which also shows the cut LK... if you are curious. It is under the General Questions Red/Amber/Green stages forum.

Good luck!
    Old February 22nd 2011, 01:19 PM
    Site Admin

Default Me too

I had the same problem of LK not fitting the seat, I went to the hardware store and bought a new seat that did fit it. Even then it was still a little unstable and my rescued cat's didn't like that so I taped it for added stability.
    Old March 11th 2011, 11:31 AM
    Site Admin

Same problem here, my toilet bowl gets narrow again at the back and the LK doesn't. I cut the LK white seat as suggested and now it fits better, but the trays are still too wide and pop up a little. Any suggestions??
    Old March 28th 2011, 03:35 AM
    Site Admin

Default On the rim or the seat?

Hi,
    Are you placing the LK, with the insert, on the rim of the toilet or on the seat?
    If you put the seat up, and place the LK on the rim of the toilet, the inserts shouldn't pop up.
    I think that you will put the seat down OVER the LK during the process. (Unfortunately, my seat does not fit over the LK, so I am still working on the LK and the insert on the rim.)
    When all else fails, I secure inserts and/or the LK with duct tape to the toilet. I tape the inserts from the underside...
    Good luck!
    Old January 13th 2013, 12:37 AM
    Site Admin

Default Toilet too narrow

I'm from Finland and have a new-ish house, apparently they make narrower toilets nowadays and I was so disappointed once we got ready to move LK on the toilet - it wouldn't fit properly.

Had one accident when we first moved the LK on toilet because my cat was afraid of it being unstable. I spent one evening trying to fit it and finally ended up putting the toilet seat over it, this works! LK was stable-ish as long as my cat didn't stand on the front edge. So now with the toilet seat over it, it's completely stable.

Had to get her used to jumping on it after that with treats. We are on the first week in after moving LK on the toilet, no accidents since, though she seems to hold it in for quite long before doing her business.

Good luck all.