• Back to Homepage
  • Doogie's LITTER KWITTER Forums - The Place for Cat Toilet Training  
    Old February 20th 2011, 11:12 AM
    Site Admin

Question Auto-Flush In Australia ... Anyone?

Hi

I have 2 lovely ragdolls who have been LK trained. We just use the white level as our toilet seat is a little rounded and thin for them to use.

Whilst one cat is super reliable, the other is quite fussy when he does his poopoos - they tend to poop in the night and if the other has been before him then he tends to poo just next to the toilet.

So I'm looking at getting an auto flush to overcome this issue. I have looked at some in the USA but I'm informed that there toilets are quite different to those here in Australia and been led to believe that they won't fit. I wonder if anyone in Australia has fitted one and if so, which kind?

Many thanks

Si

NB - attached is a picture of the inside of my loo if that helps!?https://mail.google.com/mail/?ui=2&i...disp=inline&zw

Last edited by tuneman : February 20th 2011 at 11:16 AM.
    Old June 2nd 2011, 05:21 PM
    Site Admin

Did you have any luck finding an auto flush?? I'm really keen on getting one too..
    Old August 17th 2011, 04:03 AM
    Site Admin

Has anyone had any luck finding an autoflush.

I want one for a type of toilet that has the button on the top, There is a photograph of the style below

http://www.alibaba.com/product-gs/22...sh_Button.html
    Old August 17th 2011, 12:27 PM
    Site Admin

the only ones I've ever seen here in the US are ones that fit on a toilet that has the handle on the front of the upper tank. I bought one a year ago thinking we could use it only to discover that our (new) toilet had the handle on the side of the tank.

I saved it as I knew we would move within a year or so and just the other day as I was toilet shopping for our new apartment I made sure to get one with the flush thing on the front!! We aren't going to install it until the kitten is fully trained tho, just one more thing to get used to...
    Old August 17th 2011, 05:41 PM
    Site Admin

If you have a tank toilet you could buy the cittikitty autoflush...http://www.amazon.com/dp/B0047P3KL0/...N=B0047 P3KL0

Just remember that some cats may be scared of the toilet flushing when they are alone or if it flush when they are on the toilet so keep an eye on them in the beginning to see how they deal with it...(The cittikitty flush does have a delay flush so that should be a good product). I would buy an autoflush, but have a wall hung toilet so there is not a product out there for me ...Wish the LK people could make one...
    Old August 18th 2011, 12:12 AM
    Site Admin

Default Auto Flush

Here is one very similar to the Citty-kitty one. This has excellent reviews and would be the one I would like eventually.
    The type that goes on the toilet handle, with the sensor in the handle, has had very mixed reviews. I guess the sensor can get out of whack when people use the handle in a rough manner... I guess people get aggressive with their toilets...

http://www.unoclean.com/Technical-Co...tem-White.aspx

Hope this helps! Oh, by the way, there is also a video on YouTube to help you install this type of auto flusher.
    Old August 18th 2011, 12:17 AM
    Site Admin

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Rocky's Mom View Post
    Here is one very similar to the Citty-kitty one. This has excellent reviews and would be the one I would like eventually.
    The type that goes on the toilet handle, with the sensor in the handle, has had very mixed reviews. I guess the sensor can get out of whack when people use the handle in a rough manner... I guess people get aggressive with their toilets...

http://www.unoclean.com/Technical-Co...tem-White.aspx

Hope this helps! Oh, by the way, there is also a video on YouTube to help you install this type of auto flusher.
    It looks very similar to the cittikitty, but does it have delay also so it won't flush when the cat is on the toilet?