• Back to Homepage
  • Doogie's LITTER KWITTER Forums - The Place for Cat Toilet Training  
    Old March 19th 2011, 10:51 PM
    Site Admin

Wink White stage :)

Well, as I said yesterday i took away the green tray and tried the white stage whit litter on the rim and that Miro did both #1 and #2 and Mina did #1, so that was a good start...It's early today so there is not much to say yet, but I just watched the web cam tape from tonight and I'm happy to say that Yedi also did #1 on the white stage, YES!!! He did pace around the room, jumping up and down on the LK, talking and complaining ALOT, scratching the litter and he did it!!! I'm so proud of my little digger...Now it's just waiting and seeing what will happen with Mina and Yedi and #2, that is the big test and I don't think I will leave them much alone today and tomorrow...

Wish us luck

By the way, Mina is a mommy's girl again

Here is a video of Yedi going #1 last night, you can see how long it takes for him to decide to do it and that he is complaining alot...I don't get it because he always goes when we are not there, but it looks like he is trying to get us to listen...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xQTrr...el_video_title

The video is taken from inside the shower doors so the quality is not perfect...and I did film alot of the floor and not just the toilet so that I could see if there was any accidents and who did it...

Last edited by Norwegiangirl85 : March 20th 2011 at 01:47 AM.
    Old March 20th 2011, 03:52 AM
    Site Admin

Default Good idea to do that

That's a good idea to send them a picture of your toilet model.

You can ask aswell a plumber maybe they can instal sensor on your toilet like we see in the public bathrooms...

For my part I'm going back to the basis... This morning a since a week I think my female Siamese (Delie) is refusing to poop in the toilet... She was the best since the beginning. She caught it up wery fastly and now... she's very very anxious since I they are on the toilet ring... Thursday we went back to the green stage like I said before and she was constipating... but this morning, she did it on the floor again! She does'nt matter the green stage where she was comfortable before!

So I put the litter box this morning beside the toilet and I will give the a break... You must see them! My baby Domino (one year tomorrow) was playing with the litter and Pernod so did he. Delie came around and sckratch a bit...

I have to fix the situation for next tuesday... I don't want my sister having problem...
    Cross my fingers!

Last edited by amantedeschatsduQuebec : March 20th 2011 at 04:27 AM.
    Old March 20th 2011, 01:38 PM
    Site Admin

I'll do that

Too bad that you have to go backwards
    Hope you fix the situasion as soon as possible, crossing my finger's for you!!!
    Old March 20th 2011, 01:50 PM
    Site Admin

Cool No sleep tonight, just one more to go now...

It's about 3 o'clock at night now and I have been in the bathroom for god knows how many houres...I decided that I was not going to go to sleep before they all have done their thing...Miro has done #1 4 times today as usual, no problem. He did #2 about an hour ago, it seems that he always goes at the same time or one hour more everyday...I don't think I'll be up at the same time tomorow so hopefully he won't do it at the wrong time. Mina did both #1 and #2 a couple minutes ago and Yedi did #1 just now....So I'm just waiting for Yedi to do #2 before going to sleep...

My plan today was sitting in the toilet with them and not let them out until they did their thing, so when Miro did his thing I let him out in the livingroom, gave him treats and played with him. The other's were still in the bathroom. Then when Mina finally did it, I let her out and did the same. Not long after Yedi understood that I would not let him out if he didn't do his thing It took some time before they understood this, but maybe next time they know what I'm expecting of them...

I gave Mina and Yedi a little olive oil because they seem to be constipated these day's as I have mentioned before, hope it works...

Now I'm wondering how much longer I have to stay awake tonight...
    Old March 20th 2011, 02:21 PM
    Site Admin

Smile Finally I can sleep :)

Yes, finally Yedi did #2 in the toilet. He did complain alot and walking around, trying to scratch on my duvet...I squezzed a bit on his tummy and I heard a sound and quickly put him on the toilet where he did #2, I guess I can't really say that he did it on his own so I don't feel safe now, but at least they have done it one time and hopefully get's that it's not all that scary...(Or maybe I made them hate it even more forcing them to go...?)I didn't see alot of poo, maybe he wasen't finished...I hope he was...I really think he is constipated and that the oilve oil worked a treat even though I gave it to him only an hour before he did #2, didn't know it could work that fast

Now I can finally go to sleep, just let them play around a bit first

Last edited by Norwegiangirl85 : March 20th 2011 at 02:23 PM.
    Old March 20th 2011, 03:23 PM
    Site Admin

Yay, congrats! You are so dedicated!!
    Old March 21st 2011, 01:50 AM
    Site Admin

Thank you

Yes I am very dedicated, I really want to get to the end of this soon

Today I did the same as last night, locked myself in with them for about an hour, first Miro did #1, then Mina did # 1...I gave them treats and let them out and after alot of complaining yedi did #1 and now they are all playing in my livingroom

I am keeping a schedule on my computor so I can look back and see when and who has accidents and how often they do #1 and #2.
    Old March 21st 2011, 01:57 AM
    Site Admin

Angry Yedi is the sinner :(

Just after I wrote this Yedi poop on my floor, I just looked away a second...I guess I was right about him not being finished yesterday and he did slip a bit with one foot because he was on the side whitout the tape, that may be why he didn't finish...I did see him on the toilet and thought he was trying to go so I gave him his privacy...Not going to do that again, I'll follow him around like a hawk as I did with Miro in the beginning...Now I am really wondering if it was Mina all those times, maybe it was Yedi...Or maybe Yedi started when I took away the litter because he loves to digg...I really don't know, but I'm not giving up yet, now that I know who it was I will continue to film them when I am away to make sure if it is him every time and then I'll know if he is the one I have to keep a closer eye on and also ignore...He HATES beeing ignored so maybe it is a good thing that it was him...I really thought that Mina beeing so insecure that she was the problem and I did see her have alot of accident's in the beginning of training, so did Miro and he is anxious sometimes, but at the same time have alot of confidence...Yedi is the one who never is scared of anything so I don't get this... I am so disapointed that I have used all weekend and I didn't see it in time...Yedi did have some accident's in the beginning, but usually only if Mina did something wrong first...one time he actually peed in a bucked inside the bathroom closeth and one time he pooped on my boyfriend's duvet as he was under it...and one time he peed on top of his travelling bag, but other than that he didn't have alot of accident's and that is a long time ago...What to do now???? I really wish I could have one week at home monitoring them and getting him over this hump...

Poor Mina always getting the blame and Yedi walking free when this has happend before..Maybe Yedi thought he was doing the rigt thing...

Last edited by Norwegiangirl85 : March 21st 2011 at 02:43 AM.
    Old March 22nd 2011, 03:15 AM
    Site Admin

Question Wondering if I should go back to green for a while...

Today they all have done #1 and both Miro(No complaining) and Mina(after alot of complaining and cat malt) did #2. Still waiting for Yedi as usual. I have given him cat malt also so we just have to wait and see how long he can hold it in...I have read that people use olive oil or canned pumpkin to make the cat go faster and not be so constipated...I don't really know where to buy canned pumpkin, never seen it before or heard of it before I read about it here, but of course i know what pumpkin is...Is it possible to use food oil or does it have to be oilve oil? Anyone have som tips???

I am wondering about going back to green, not sure yet...

I did send an email to citikitty about the auto flush, but of course it was only for tank toilet's and i have a wall mounted toilet. I was in a store asking for something like that here in Norway and there was only one, but it was with a sensor so I have to get my cat's to touch it I think to make it work and it is over the toilet so I don't know if it's possible for them to learn to use it after they have been to the toilet...Any suggestions people? It looks very expensive...

Here it is:

http://www.google.com/imgres?imgurl=...:429,r:3 ,s:0

Last edited by Norwegiangirl85 : March 22nd 2011 at 07:15 AM.
    Old March 22nd 2011, 03:36 AM
    Site Admin

Smile Mina :)

I finally got some picture's of Mina on the toilet, not easy because she usually jump's down if she sees me when she is on the toilet even if she is screaming for some attention...Don't really get her when she is talking

Do I have to? (White stage)

Mina doing #2 (White stage)

Don't look at me, please!!! (White stage)

Last edited by Norwegiangirl85 : June 11th 2011 at 04:47 AM.