Time to dry off
    Old September 10th 2010, 04:42 AM
    Site Admin

watching a bit of telly

practising my ROar!
    Old September 10th 2010, 04:43 AM
    Site Admin

The money shot

... Banshee hasn't actually graduated completely to the toilet - but as you can see he's more than ready for the green stage. We continue to remove the tray as he squats so he gets used to going in the toilet - we are very proud parents! haha

Banshee's family
    xxx
    Old September 10th 2010, 04:46 AM
    Site Admin

Awww! The cuteness! Congrats on almost being done with training! Woot!

I've tried getting my cats to use their harness (they're 1+ yrs) and they are scared of going outdoors. I wish they would be more like Banshee!
    Old September 11th 2010, 12:05 AM
    Site Admin

awwwwhhh, he soo cute!
    thanks for photos and congrats on being 'nearly there'
    Old September 14th 2010, 05:57 AM
    Site Admin

Default Update

Thanks for your comments guys he is indeed a cutie!

nidarasheed - Banshee wasn't a fan of his harness at all at first. He wouldn't even stand up in it - he kept being all pathetic and flopping on to his side as if he was drunk haha. We just kept putting the harness on him for about 30 mins a day around the house then distracted him by playing with a toy or feeding him, he soon got used to it - or forgot he was even wearing it! We walked him in really quiet parks and woodland areas at first just so he got used to the outdoors with no other noises or interruptions. We've only just started walking him down the street - we try and stick to quite roads around the neighbourhood because he still freaks out if a car drives past too quickly. But each time he gets a little more confident, and I feel better knowing he's had a bit of fresh air ... good luck with your cats, if they're anything like Banshee they can be stubborn little things!!

Green Stage
    Banshee is now confidently on the green stage of the litter kwitter. The transition from amber to green couldn't have been smoother - in fact I'm not even sure he noticed it!! If you have read my previous posts you will know that Banshee decided it was naturally more comfortable to put all four paws on the white seat when going to the loo - therefore didn't really need the tray at all apart from as a comforter. We waited until going to the toilet this way was second nature to him (about 2 weeks) then simply traded the amber disc for the green.

He continues to go to the toilet the same way, with all four paws on the white seat and we continue to remove the tray from under him as he squats. Though the presence of the green tray seems relatively pointless at the moment we have decided to keep it on there for at least a week to complete the stages of the training programme - we don't want any unexpected problems caused by skipping a stage!

Though Banshee decided to emphasise the fact that he is more than capable of using the toilet when we went to stay with my parents at the weekend. We took Banshee with us even though he has never stayed anywhere other than our own house before. I was really worried that the upheaval and unfamiliar surrounding would ruin his litter kwitter training. He was doing so well and I didn't want it to send him back due to the disruption. I took all three litter kwitter discs to my parents house and a whole bag of litter - prepared for the fact that just for 1 day he might need to go back to the red stage for comfort. However we have come to learn that not much phases Banshee - as soon as we arrived I put the green disc on my parents toilet and showed Banshee the bathroom - he was a little overwhelmed at first but it didn't take the clever little boy long to hop up and wee in the toilet! He just looked at us as if to say "bloody hell that was a long car journey!"
    Having a house cat can be very tying unless you want to pay for a cat sitter or lug a litter box around with you (probably not welcomed by most hosts) But training banshee on the litter kwitter means we can now visit friends and family and take him with us! knowing he can just use their loo!

I understand that not everybody's journey can be so smooth - we struck gold with the intelligence and temperment of our little man - but it is an example of how great the litter kwitter product is. Apart from Banshee himself obviously, it's the greatest investment we could have made. I'm so pleased we took the plunge and went for the litter kwitter instead of a litter tray - already our lives are so much easier. You can spend up to 400 plus monthly extra costs on what they call 'the worlds best/easiest litter tray' but nothing can be more hygenic or easier than a simple flush away and no dirty paws!

We're not quite there yet - but after only 6 and a bit weeks of training the end result is most defnitely in sight!

Banshee's family xxx
    Old September 14th 2010, 10:19 PM
    Site Admin

Goodness, you're moving forward with rocket speed well done!!
    6 weeks? I'm not evil by nature, but even I start feeling a little jealous, lol You see, you're a prime example of statement written on the box - train your cat in 8 weeks or less! And you can feel very, very special - your kitty is one of a small handful. Rarely people have such speedy success.

Lots of love and congrats on job WELL DONE from -
    Sintija, Clyde and Bonny
    Old September 30th 2010, 04:09 PM
    Site Admin

Talking Same

We have a little bengal too!

His name is Mandu, he is 15 weeks old and is on the amber stage!!! We did what you did and put him straight on the litter kwitter when he got home. he has been her just over 4 weeks and we are thinking he is ready for the green stage this weekend. He loves to watch the toilet being flushed, and thinks when we go into the bathroom if he jumps up onto the toilet he will get a treat!

I am so relieved to have read your story because i was worrying we were moving him too fast and would have an accident later!
    Old November 7th 2010, 02:46 PM
    Site Admin

Awww, he looks like a tiger. Tooooo cute. Congratulations.
    Old April 3rd 2011, 08:53 PM
    Site Admin

Smile

What a nice story to read and some very good tips I wish I had read in the start of my training, congratulations on your success!!! Still doing good?

I also have one bengal kitten and I think he has been the easiest to train, he has used the toilet seat several times and doesn't seem to notice when the LK is gone so I think he would have been finished with the training pretty fast if I din't have two other cat's, one of them is very difficult to train so we have been training for about 7 months now, my bengal only about 3months(He moved in later than the others and he was at the green stage after 6 weeks.)