• Back to Homepage
  • Doogie's LITTER KWITTER Forums - The Place for Cat Toilet Training  
    Old October 12th 2006, 01:34 PM
    Site Admin

Send a message via MSN to janetchan1983
    Default My Cat "tiger", not using amber........

Dear All,
    My cat, Tiger, is 20 months old. Not sure if he is too spoil or too stupid. He just can't get the idea of using the amber stage.
    I tried some many different method, he is just not doing on it. We were good in red stage, but horrible in amber stage.
    He now even started to poo on the bath floor, bath tube, etc. OK, That's fine, it is not that hard to clean up. I spray some lemon thing on where he did those "accident".
    Guess what, I got a huge suprise on the carpet when I woke up today!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    I am absoluately not happy with this. I even lock him up in the bathroom for 45 minutes. Now I feel bad for doing it....
    Please help!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Old October 13th 2006, 01:21 PM
    Site Admin

Default Amber

Hi Janet,
    You must read other posts discussing this same issue. Many cats have faced similar problems at the same stage as Tiger, and their owners have given a lot of feedback in this forum as to how to overcome it.
    To give a brief summary,
    Clean the floor where Tiger has gone by accident. Use an enzymatic cleaner as described in Tips and Tricks and elsewhere on this forum. Whatever "lemon thing" you are using could actually be attracting him back.
    Do not lock him up in the bathroom as punishment. Ignore him instead until he does something right.
    Use treats when he does the right thing.
    Place a stepping stool beside the toilet bowl.
    Try placing the red disc below the Amber disc in the toilet bowl and filling both with litter.
    Come back to us later after reading more of the forum and tell us about any progress.
    Thanks.