• Back to Homepage
  • Doogie's LITTER KWITTER Forums - The Place for Cat Toilet Training  
    Old March 29th 2010, 05:34 AM
    Site Admin

Default Will seeing a litter box keep him from toilet?

My cat is in the final stages of toilet training...he has come a long way!

Now I have to take a trip for about 5 days and leave him by himself in the apartment. I'm worried that he won't use the toilet because he uses it when I'm home, but sometimes he won't if I leave overnight or longer.

Everyone I can think of to care for him has cats, and I live to far to ask someone to come check on him while I'm away. I'm fearing that when I leave him at a house with other cats (who use litter boxes), he will use the litter box too, and it will ruin his training.

Does anyone have experience with this? If he uses a litter box for several days, will he go back to using the toilet?

Please help; any advice would be greatly appreciated.
    Old April 19th 2010, 06:46 AM
    Site Admin

Send a message via AIM to Kethrim Send a message via MSN to Kethrim Send a message via Yahoo to Kethrim Send a message via Skype™ to Kethrim

Although I am having my own problems with getting my cats to properly use the toilet, after I got them to understand that the toilet was where they were supposed to go, they have no problems going back to it after a time using the litter box. Twice during their toilet training, we've had to be away for one or two weeks, and set up the litter box for them to use while we were away, so that the person taking care of them wouldn't have to deal with the toilet. When we got back, we just took away the box and set up the toilet again, they had no problem picking back up using the toilet, even after two weeks.