• Back to Homepage
  • Doogie's LITTER KWITTER Forums - The Place for Cat Toilet Training  
    Old February 22nd 2009, 02:07 AM
    Site Admin

Unhappy Giving up hope...

My two cats who are about 2 have been using the Litter Kwitter since last June. After some ups and downs we got onto the green stage. They will pee in it just fine, mostly in the toilet and for a while were pooping either in the litter or on the outer white rim.

Now however, both of them will only poop on the toilet floor. I have put obstacles in their way to deter them from their favourite spots but this has led to poop in the bath and today behind my sofa!

As there are two it is difficult to know which one to tell off. I have had a few standoffs with getting them to go on the toilet, locking us both in but as myself and my partner are at work all day it usually happens when we are out.

Whenever I hear them using it to pee I give them praise and a treat, in the hope they will use it to poo.

Its coming on 9 months and I'm getting disheartened as I was led to believe this could be done in 8 weeks.

Any ideas anyone??
    Old February 22nd 2009, 03:04 AM
    Site Admin

Default Perseverance

Both of mine were on green and due to a Christmas break, Wilbur has completed regressed to amber. He poos fine but holds in his pee as long as he can and if we don't make him use the litter kwitter (extensive potty dance) he will go on anything soft.

I think the best way to think about it is to count the days between accidents. If you are increasing the days between accidents then it is still working - albeit slowly. If one is not at home to supervise at all times then it is hard to always prevent the accidents and hopefully eventually they just won't happen anymore.

Hope this helps and that you do actually have some successes between the accidents!
    Old February 24th 2009, 04:37 AM
    Site Admin

Its pretty much everyday we're finding accidents but i may try the tinfoil tip to see if it stops them going in their usual spots.

My aim is to get this problem sorted before my summer hol so the cat sitter doesn't have to clean poop off my floor.
    Old February 24th 2009, 01:37 PM
    Site Admin

Diane, have you tried going back any steps or are you still on green? Something may have happened to scare the poor things off. Perhaps try going back a stage and see how you go.