• Back to Homepage
  • Doogie's LITTER KWITTER Forums - The Place for Cat Toilet Training  
    Old January 21st 2009, 01:32 AM
    Site Admin

Default One who will, and one who won't! :-(

We have two neutered male kittens, who are 4 mos today (happy bday, Fidelio and Lysander!). Both did perfectly FABULOUS on the red stage (floor and raised onto toilet seat). When I switched to the amber, Fidelio kept up with the LK for both, totally no problems. Lysander decided he's only pee on the LK, but poop on the floor.

So, I went back to red, and meanwhile, ordered the Multi-Kat Kit, in hopes that a smaller hole in the amber would be easier. Let them go for about 2 weeks on the red (again, both going fine, with both pee and poop), and switched to the small-hole amber. For 2 days, both were doing great, I was doing a little happy dance. Yesterday and this morning, Lysander pooped on the floor, again.

I've got a bunch of water bowls all over the floor, and added more this morning. I've got their food bowls in the bathroom. He doesn't poop twice in the same spot, so I know it's not the smell that's attracting him. The hole in the new amber disk is VERY small (unlike the hole in the original amber disk), but clearly, it's still bothering him. Should I go back to the red again, and then try again? Or, let the small-hole amber go a while longer, to see if it improves?

Sigh...

(Meanwhile, I'm so obsessed with this, that I've actually been having RECURRING DREAMS about cats, and cat litter, and toilet training, for weeks!)
    Old March 19th 2009, 07:13 AM
    Site Admin

I have exactly the same problem. Betty uses ther loo fine, even without the litterkwitter at all, but Bob on the other hand will wee fine but poo any where but! The only way I can insure he goes on the loo is wait til he shows signs of needing to go and then repeatedly putting him on the toilet until he poos. But last night he beat me to it and had a little accident before I could get to him!
    Old April 2nd 2009, 09:41 PM
    Site Admin

Quote:
    Originally Posted by charlie View Post
    I have exactly the same problem. Betty uses ther loo fine, even without the litterkwitter at all, but Bob on the other hand will wee fine but poo any where but! The only way I can insure he goes on the loo is wait til he shows signs of needing to go and then repeatedly putting him on the toilet until he poos. But last night he beat me to it and had a little accident before I could get to him!
    I am doing something similar to 2 of my cats. I can't go on like this forever. I need them to learn instead of me supervising them.