• Back to Homepage
  • Doogie's LITTER KWITTER Forums - The Place for Cat Toilet Training  
    Old July 9th 2012, 04:03 PM
    Site Admin

Smile Comet gets started on friday

I have started our cat with LK device and had success right off. He has been using it just like his litter box for both bm and pee, so tomorrow I will try to move it to the toilet and see if he uses it there. Here's hoping.
    Old July 15th 2012, 10:23 PM
    Site Admin

Lots of luck
    Old July 17th 2012, 04:06 AM
    Site Admin

Wink Comet's progress

I kept the LK on the floor for 1 more week with success with both pee and poop. Saturday, July 14, I moved the LK to the toilet. So far he has continued to use the LK with out any problem. Will keep you informed. A side note. We were dismayed when watching "The Cat From Hell" program, to hear the host tell people not to use potty training on their cats. This was on the Animal Planets cable station watched by lots of people, I am sure. It irked me that his comment was "it is an unnatural thing to have a cat do". They showed the LK device on the toilet, and the couple had advanced to the "green" level too. They had a young cat that behavioral problems, but to make such an off hand remark really upset me. I think your product is the "right" way to train your cat and will be healthier for my cat in the long run. Hopefully Comet will continue to progress through the remaining stages.
    Old July 20th 2012, 05:51 AM
    Site Admin

Read this thread, it might help you feel better: http://www.litterkwitter.com/forums/...ead.php?t=1573 .Also think about that it's easier to see if the cats are sick when you can see the color of the pee in the toilet and the how the poo looks, it's not so easy to see in the litterbox. I have three cats and if one of them would be sick and the other cats would walk in the same dirty litter they might all get sick - the toilet is so much cleaner and better for their health. I have learned so much about how cats behave and how they "work" after I have been dealing with this training. Now I keep a schedule of how often they use the toilet and will know if something is wrong. As long as your cat is ok with the progress and you give your cat time this is not bad, but if they have problems you need to step back for a while. They are learning a new habit, we also had to learn this when we were kids - nothing cruel about that.
    Old July 24th 2012, 09:52 AM
    Site Admin

Smile Thanks for the support

Tried to advance Comet to the Amber ring, but he let me know he wasn't ready for it by peeing on a carpet remnant in the hallway outside of the bathroom. I cleaned the rug piece and replaced the Amber ring with the Red one again. So far no more "accidents". He is peeing and pooping in the Red ring again, so I will try and not rush him again.
    Old July 24th 2012, 09:56 AM
    Site Admin

Talking Brief side note

My second brother and younger sister live in Haugesund, Norway. I had the opportunity to accompany my 95yr old father to Norway in May. He got to see his great, great grand daughter there. I got to see the 17th of May parade too.
    Old July 25th 2012, 03:22 AM
    Site Admin

I'm happy he went straight bak to red with no problems after that accident, it shows how important it is to go back as soon as possible if that happends -some people wait too long to go back and get all sorts of problems because the cat gets into a habit of using the floor.

The amber stage is a hard stage for most cats, I have gathered some links in this thread with some tricks and stories you should check out: http://www.litterkwitter.com/forums/...ead.php?t=3095

I hope you liked it here in Norway I think it wasn't the most sunny 17th of May parade this year, but hopefully you got the feeling of how we celebrate
    Old February 9th 2013, 02:21 AM
    Site Admin

Smile Success with Comet

Sorry I didn't realize that I hadn't posted in so long. I am now working on the green insert for Comet. He has been doing very well for over a week and I think he will continue. He is peeing and pooping in the pot with apparently no problem. I have recently removed all flushable litter from the ring to cut down on tracking messes. So far so good. Yeah. Thanks for a wonderful product. It has been worth the trials and occasion mistake. Update Doh, Comet for some reason pooped on the floor this afternoon. Hope this isn't a regression on his part.

Last edited by Beaker65 : February 9th 2013 at 01:15 PM.
    Old February 17th 2013, 12:12 AM
    Site Admin

Maybe he is reacting to removing the litter, maybe you should put a little back Happy it all seems to go well!
    Old June 8th 2013, 02:30 PM
    Site Admin

Red face Comet being stubborn or something like that.

Comet has continued to use the litter quitter for peeing but we are having problems with getting him to poop in the pot. Not sure what the problem is. He will pee in the pot just fine, but then poo on the floor. We clean it up every time, but he continues to use the same spot. I have tried going back to the red insert with litter in it, but he refuses to use it to poop in. He will still use it for pee. Grr. Not sure what to do. We have tried watching him and noticing his potty dance, but he is crafty and out lasts our waiting. We tried to keep him in the bathroom to encourage him to go, but he didn't want to go after 15 minutes. So we gave up because he was getting so upset. Then later he went in and pooped on the floor again after peeing in the pot. Any suggestions would be helpful. We are thinking of putting a pan on the floor where he goes, but expect he will probably just go on the floor in front of it.