• Back to Homepage
  • Doogie's LITTER KWITTER Forums - The Place for Cat Toilet Training  
    Old June 19th 2012, 08:29 AM
    Site Admin

Default Amber stage in 5 days...

I love my cats... Seriously, I got the litter kwitter, unpacked it and as soon as I put it down on the floor, both of them used it within 5 minutes after I placed it. On the second day, I put the litter kwitter on a box (about 10 inches high) and they didn't seem to have a problem with that. I left it there for 1 day and put the litter kwitter on the toilet, which didn't seem to be a problem either. After 3 days, I changed from red to amber today... I saw both of them putting their head and their paws in the gap and hope they didn't misunderstand my intentions... I don't know what's going to happen now, we'll see... I just saw that one of them used it... Can't wait for progress... You'll get updates...

Ps. I always gave them treats when I saw that they used it... That's motivation I guess...

Last edited by kaetzchen : June 19th 2012 at 04:09 PM.
    Old June 21st 2012, 07:35 AM
    Site Admin

I just changed from amber to green...
    Old June 25th 2012, 06:49 AM
    Site Admin

Congratulations, it seems you have some quick learners - it's not often that people have more than one of those so you are really lucky - but remember that some cats may go with it for a while and then suddenly get that the litterbox is not comming back and start having accidents - so don't push them too hard too fast.

Good luck, keep us posted on their progress - would love to hear a success story
    Old October 15th 2012, 11:00 AM
    Site Admin

My kitten, Graham, whom is only 13 weeks old (3 months) had just started the Litter Kwitter as well. It only took him two days to get familiar with the red stage on the floor and then I moved it to the toilet itself. For two days and half now, he has been using it like a pro. No accidents so far! I'm going to give him about a week before I switch it to the amber stage.

Good luck!
    Old October 20th 2012, 05:10 PM
    Site Admin

The amber stage is hard for most cats since the hole is way too big, most cats need a slower transition. To avoid problems I advice to try the cardboard/cutting board method instead of taking the chance and having to start all over with alot of problems: http://www.litterkwitter.com/forums/...ead.php?t=2662

Good luck