• Back to Homepage
  • Doogie's LITTER KWITTER Forums - The Place for Cat Toilet Training  
    Old February 29th 2012, 12:39 AM
    Site Admin

As long as they're doing good and you're not finding it elsewhere, I wouldn't be too fussed! I do still update my 'log' out of habit, but I know it's not really necessary anymore unless I'm trying to track it for medical reasons. Glad to hear everything is on track though!

Sucks about the camera - can you not return it? Or maybe buy a small nightlight for them so they do have some light, but they can also sleep properly? (That said, ours sleep in fulldaylight, full sunshine, full anything, so I wouldn't be worried about the bathroom light being on at night!)

Haha, your house sounds like full security these days - least you'll know if anyone tried to break in! :P

Hope everything in your life is otherwise good, also. Take care of yourself. x
    Old March 3rd 2012, 09:57 PM
    Site Admin

It's just me feeling better if I'm going out for a long time to know that they don't need to use a dirty toilet. I still get up at night to flush, but sometimes I do turn off the sound That is the deal with three cats

They are not going anywhere else so all has been good for a while now so that is awsome

I'll just use the IP cam in the livingroom or something, I'm sure I'll find a good use for it - if I get it to work the way I want it. Haven't had time to even look at it, started as an apprentice (or what it's called) at the Norwegian university of life sciense after finishing school. (Only at the office of course, but nice to be a place where they are interested in animals). I have to start looking for a new job also, so have alot on my mind these days.

Thank you for commenting, sounds like your cats are doing great also

Last edited by Norwegiangirl85 : March 3rd 2012 at 10:01 PM.
    Old April 15th 2012, 03:35 AM
    Site Admin

So a week ago I bought the cats a new bed (actually a cat tent), I decided to try it in the bathroom so they would be more comfortable in there. I was afraid they would use it as a toilet, but so far so good I have it on top of the waching machine and there is always someone sleeping in there so that might be why they haven't done anything "bad" with it yet, I hope it will continue like that.

My cats are still using the toilet like normal, the only thing that is bothering me is that Yedi doesn't pee everyday, he usually waits 36 hours between each time...I was hoping that when he got used to the toilet he would go more often, but I guess not...I just hope he doesn't end up sick.
    Old April 25th 2012, 03:51 AM
    Site Admin

Things are still the same. I would have thought we had two accidents lately if I didn't have my beloved camera...Luckily it was only poop that fell on the floor after beeing stuck in the but of Yedi the first time and Mina today (the second time) after they jumped off the toilet. I feel like I have been starting to trust my cats more because when I saw the poop on the floor I was so calm, like I new that they didn't do it on purpose
    Old April 25th 2012, 11:36 PM
    Site Admin

Glad to hear it! Sounds like things are going good for you! It's great they're loving the cat tent as well - means that they're consciously realising that it's not an 'option' and choosing to use the toilet over it! Do you still lock them up at night?

I do want to say this though.. we had an accident a few days ago. And it was Kimura.. he hasn't had an accident for over a year now, and I trusted him explicitly. I was/am SO disappointed with him. He has been in the bedroom on his own many MANY times, for hours sometimes, and has always been well behaved. Both me and my boyfriend were in pure disbelief. That said, I think it was bad timing.. I was getting ready for bed, and decided I wanted to sit and cuddle him for a bit. So I went out and grabbed him and put him on the bed.. then decided to get Cinna as well cause I didn't want to leave her out! In the literal 15 seconds it took me to get Cinna from the cat tree, Kimura had started peeing on our duvet. Only AFTER the accident did my boyfriend tell me Kimura had been whining and digging in his shoes just before I grabbed him... so he obviously needed to go and I guess the temptation was just too much. I caught him midstream and hauled his ass to the bathroom, but yeah, damage done.. he's now banned from the bedroom, which is a real shame since i'll miss our cuddles. :<

Just saying so you don't suffer the same fate.. think bedrooms are just too tempting even for the apparently most well behaved kitties.
    Old April 29th 2012, 10:35 PM
    Site Admin

Yeah, I think it's not just because they love it - if they had it on the floor I'm not sure it would be so safe...I also think it's because they can't stand properly inside it....I won't try to put it on the floor, but they have another bed in the livingroom that I have put on the floor when supervised just to see how much I can trust them with that. I do still lock them up at night, they are so used to it + my birmans usually only goes when they are locked up - Miro goes when I'm around (When I get up in the morning, when I get home and before I go to bed - I love that )

Sad to hear that Kimura had an accident, but I do think it was just bad timing, hopefully he is good now? I also think the bedroom is too tempting so I'm really strickt about letting them in. The only one I would trust in there is Miro, but only when I know it's a long time since he has done #2. For now, since I have three cats I can't let just one of them have that privilege since they all need to be able to get to the toilet when they need it and that means that all doors must be open. I also miss having them in my bed, but I guess that is one thing we just have to live with - for now anyway. How long have your cats been trained now?
    Old June 10th 2012, 03:41 AM
    Site Admin

Ah, well - things can't always be perfect... We had an accident on thursday night, I think it was Mina - she had diarrhea and pooped on the floor near the toilet...To her defence, both Yedi and her had been struggling with diarrhea the last two weeks and they had used the toilet all the time except that one time...+ that week was the first week my boyfriend moved out and I have started a job that is far away, so I'm away around 10 hours a day...Typically they had to be sick that week...I can't flush and it smells like diarrhea in the toilet...Yeah, nice...

But then...today Mina were scratching her pet bed on the couch, I decided not to give her the evil stare like I usually do just to see if she would try it or if she was doing it for some other reasone...She got down in the position, but luckily I told her no and she ran into the bathroom and peed in the toilet...I guess I just have to keep them closed in the bathroom when I'm away if they can't be trusted...Too bad...I really want them to have free roam of the place...And now I guess I have to start the accident free period from 0 again...At least Miro has been accident free since february 2011 and Yedi New years eve...

As long as things are under control and it doesn't happen all the time we will be fine
    Old August 17th 2012, 04:15 AM
    Site Admin

No problems since the last time

I was actually on vacation for 10 days and my ex-boyfriend stayed at my place when I was gone to take care of my cats since they are used to him, my mum also stayed two days there when my ex was busy and they did just fine - no accidents at all I was very worried since we had a visit from a kitten the day before I left and Yedi was the only one who was ok with that, Mina was irritated and Miro was crazy - he even started to growl at Mina and they were all stressed out. Miro was not himself and very scary actually - never seen him like that...Guess we are not getting another kitten as long as I have him Luckily they are all back to normal and I'm happy the stress didn't cause big problems. Hope this can give people some hope that they can go on vacation once the cats are fairly trustable and they have a god sitter who can stay at your place. I did give my sitters a whole list of "rules" like keeping water in the sink, keeping the cats in the bathroom at night and so on...I also removed things they might be tempted by when I couldn't supervise. I think it's wise to make a list of all the things you do everyday to prevent accidents so others will be able to do the same...And don't forget a big poster over the toilet saying: KEEP THE SEAT DOWN AND THE LID UP AT ALL TIMES!!!

Good luck everyone
    Old November 9th 2012, 03:59 PM
    Site Admin

Default Accidents...

I have been feeling so good about everything for such a long time now that I had removed the camera in the bathroom maybe a month ago or so - I also stopped writing their schedule everyday. It was going well, but this week someone has pooped on the floor near the toilet twice. The night before monday and this morning before I got up. Same size and same location. The first time there was nothing else in the toilet and someone had thrown up alot the day before, this time there was alot in the toilet as well.

I have no idea who it is. Mina is the only one who has used that location before, but I have seen her poop this week and I haven't seen Yedi do it. I need to figure out who it is so I guess the camera will be back up for a little while and the schedule will be written again. The reason might be constipation since I know it's not diarrhea this time. It might also be that I have a visitor, I have met a new guy and he has been sleeping over and staying here alot - maybe one of them are reacting to it even if they seem fine. I'll follow up and keep you updated....

I was really hoping to come back and say we have been a year without accidents, but it does not seem to ever happen. Well, I do trust Miro and he has been good for alot more so and we have had long positive periods. I just hope this is not a new bad habit and we can deal with it as fast as possible. Wish me luck
    Old November 13th 2012, 02:27 PM
    Site Admin

Default Acts of Jealousy should not count as an Accident

Hi Norwegiangirl85, You should call this year all good and no accidents. Obviously your babies have to work through their issues but your LK record is spotless. Hope you have fun with the new beau and that the kitties come around...unless they are good judges of character. Then just dump the beau!
    Best of luck to you.
    Jon