• Back to Homepage
  • Doogie's LITTER KWITTER Forums - The Place for Cat Toilet Training  
    Old May 22nd 2012, 12:59 PM
    Site Admin

Wink Our kitty is having a hard time adjusting too

Thank you to everyone on this thread who gave us some new ideas to try. Our 9 month old kitty is finally peeing in the LK 100%, and was poo'ing there most times too, but recently started poo'ing on the floor and now in the bathtub! We were at our wits end trying to figure out what is going wrong. The idea that we have to clean our LK even if the pee is in the toilet (w/ or w/o enzymatic cleaner that I now learned may be confusing him). Or to try letting the floor, bathtub or red LK on the floor get really dirty to have him go on the much cleaner LK. I don't like the idea of leaving it around for so long though, as it really does smell up the whole house. He also gets stressed and confused and starts meowing, so if these don't work, I will try the alarm idea. Thanks again! Lots of good ideas and we were so happy to see we are not the only ones with this problem. Might be a balancing issue for some cats (ours is smaller) on the LK? Will let you all know if we finally get full success. We've been using the LK since about late Jan. so it's still fairly early and he's still fairly young.
    Old May 28th 2012, 06:40 AM
    Site Admin

Hi and welcome to the forum

I don't think leaving a dirty red tray on the floor so he will choose the amber on the toilet is the way to go (If I understood you right?) - but I would love to hear if it does work for you. I would guess he will pee on amber, but still poo on red or on the floor...

I guess you have seen it already, but here is a thread all beginners should read: http://www.litterkwitter.com/forums/...ead.php?t=3095

Keep us posted, we will try to help if you run into more trouble.