• Back to Homepage
  • Doogie's LITTER KWITTER Forums - The Place for Cat Toilet Training  
    Old April 26th 2012, 01:27 PM
    Site Admin

Question My cat was doing everything on green stage and now stopped?

I am at a loss. My cat was doing fine with the green stage, the multi cat one before the real green stage and I started noticing that he wasn't going for a day of so. I looked everywhere and didn't find anything. I heard him fall in one night and he just started running and was wet on his back legs so I left the light on for a few days and he started going in there normally. A few weeks later I got up in the morning and noticed he still had not gone all night after a whole day of nothing. I went out to my kitchen and he had dragged the plastic shopping bags out from under the sink and went number 2 in a bag and number one all over it too. I know that is probably the best place he could have picked outside of the toilet but this is after I tried the amber stage the first time and he went all over my bed. He had been doing so good on the green stage and just stopped. So the next day I noticed still nothing and came home from work and found more poop in my office under another plastic bad I had some stuff in I laid on the floor. Today I noticed he had been up on the toilet and and there was some pee in there. He had been using this green stage, again, the one for multi cats, not the final final one, for about 3 weeks at least, maybe longer and not just wont. I didn't find anything today and am going to leave it on all night and see if I have any hidden surprises in the morning. Please help me!!!!!
    -Troy
    Old April 29th 2012, 10:02 PM
    Site Admin

It seems that you have hit what we call the green wall, many of us have been there. I recommend you read our stories and get some tips, check out this thread: http://www.litterkwitter.com/forums/...ead.php?t=3095

Please keep us posted on your progress and tell us if it helped reading and learning from our experinece. We will try to help you as much as we can - good luck
    Old May 29th 2012, 11:06 PM
    Site Admin

Unhappy Nothing is working

Thanks for the link, but nothing there really helped me at all. I went back to the amber stage for like 2 months and it was fine, he eased right back into going fine. Keep in mind I also have the multi-cat kit with the two additional trays. I switched it back to "extra" green tray which I got to avoid using the cardboard method and he is just peeing in it. I found his poo on bedroom floor. I think I am just going to give up and go back to the litter box. This has been about 7 months of this and I am pulling my hair out at this point. I don't know how long I can keep him on the amber stage, he is fine with that but the minute I move to green he stops. I am sorry that the link you sent me really didn't help at all? The flushable litter I have is fine.

Please help me.
    Old June 2nd 2012, 08:45 PM
    Site Admin

You can't really say it didn't help you when you haven't tried half of the tips that are in the thread...Did you check out the mock toilet method? There are more than a 100 tips in all the stories and I know they are long, but they are really worth reading...In the end it's all up to the trainer and how much effort the trainer is willing to give into it, if you are not willing to try everything before giving up - then that is completely up to you. I understand that it's easy to give up, I know it's hard...Believe me - training three cats was hell...But now I'm so happy I did it.

You say that you didn't want to try the cardboard method because you have the multi kat kit, but the transition with the cardboard method is much slower and that is what the cats need...Remember you don't need to use cardboard, you can use a thin cutting board...