• Back to Homepage
  • Doogie's LITTER KWITTER Forums - The Place for Cat Toilet Training  
    Old April 15th 2012, 03:51 AM
    Site Admin

going to add a photo - almost embarrassed at the mess in the downstairs bathroom, but all the clutter is to keep Alys moving towards the LK, rather than using the floor. Even with the carpet protector upside down in front of the toilet, she will try to get there.

The two things that really saved my bacon, though, in this trip from the floor elevating to the toilet height has been the industrial cookie pan that I have the kwitter sitting on, and the adult disposable bedpad under it.

Cleanup is a snap. I use 1/2 a bedpad a day, and when Ivan or Alys miss the white rim or pee between the red insert and the white rim, the bedpad catches it. Best two investments I've made for my own mental health.

So, today we had success with Alys. And I've covered the sink upstairs with the carpet protector. I THINK we've had success with Cordelia.

Each day is an adventure!

Last edited by alyscat : April 15th 2012 at 04:00 AM.
    Old May 6th 2012, 06:04 AM
    Site Admin

I see it's been 3 weeks since I posted. I have still 2 stellar cats. Every change is accommodated. I have 2 semi-stellar cats - changes are met with regression, etc. One of each upstairs and downstairs.

I finally decided that I was going to continue with the training, rather than backstep for every regression. We're now on the kitty toilet in both places, with the water test tube - (I'm using a flower bouquet water tube - like $.15 at Safeway, in their floral dept) - We're doing at least a week at each stage, going slowly, slowly. Next week, we'll move to water in a shot glass.
    Old May 11th 2012, 11:45 AM
    Site Admin

Still trying to potty (as in people potty) train the cats <sigh> 2 are wonderful, 2 are..... occasionally successful. So, today I thought of a new thing. Alys LOVES catnip - so I trimmed down my catnip (which is a mint plant I grow in my garden), and now have put a LOT of it on the floor to the bathroom (and in the bathtub, which she used today!) - hopefully, she won't want to go where the catnip is, but we shall see!
    Old December 18th 2012, 03:49 PM
    Site Admin

Remember that catnip can make the cats a little crazy, not always good with toilet training

Thanks for the photo, I'm sure many will appreciate it

How is it going now?

Are you using the mock toilet method since you were talking about the test tube?