• Back to Homepage
  • Doogie's LITTER KWITTER Forums - The Place for Cat Toilet Training  
    Old March 23rd 2012, 06:51 AM
    Site Admin

Unhappy hates the hole

Hi
    Mike HATES the amber hole. He just peeks through it, paws the water and then does his business somewhere else. So i switched him back to the red stage for a few days ( he grasped this very quickly and has no issues there ) I thought that maybe the amber hole was to big for him, he's kind of petit, so i made a small hole on the red disk , maybe the size of a quarter. Put in a good amount of litter . No luck. Even the tiny hole was to much for him. He peed behind the toilet right in front of me and then a few min later pooped in the bathtub! has anyone else had this issue with the hole? any advice?

Thanks

im off to scrub my tub
    Old March 25th 2012, 09:56 PM
    Site Admin

Try to put some water in the tub and stay on red stage for a few weeks before moving on. Many people has had the same problem and it was a good idea to make a smaller hole, but maybe use something else than the red since you might need to go back sometimes or maybe you want to train another cat one day. I think a pencil sized hole is what you should start with, the changes should be so small that the cat almost doesn't notice it. Some tips here: http://www.litterkwitter.com/forums/...ead.php?t=2662
    Old March 31st 2012, 05:09 AM
    Site Admin

Yes my 7 month old cat hates the hole. He loves to dig dig dig and with the hole there all the litter disappears into the toilet. He will poop on the floor either on a rug or behind curtains, something he can try to bury his poop with.

My solution is locking him in a smaller area with his toilet and not letting him have free run of the house until he uses his toilet. Right now we are on amber, with a very small hole (the intermediate stage, I bought the extra kit), and even still he just had an accident the other day... my fault for letting him out before he had used it. I thought he was fine and dandy, apparently not!