• Back to Homepage
  • Doogie's LITTER KWITTER Forums - The Place for Cat Toilet Training  
    Old March 6th 2012, 08:22 AM
    Site Admin

Default GREAT TIP for making this work!!!!

Well the first time I tried the LK it was a total disaster. Two cats; one was fine using the small tray. The other refused and would only poop on the floor in the next room. The problem was I had switched to the flushable litter which really does not absorb odors well at all!
    I gave up!!!
    Later my hairdresser told me I must use the Fresh Step Crystals litter. This litter is so good that both of my cats are peeing and pooping fine in the small tray next to the toilet. IN FACT I HAVE NEVER BEEN SO EXCITED TO SEE CAT POOP IN MY LIFE. EVERY TIME I FIND ONE IT IS LIKE A PRESENT!!! LOL!!

I have devised a system to slowly raise the training pan to toilet level. It will take some time but I am so excited because i KNOW THIS WILL WORK!!

As far as the Crystal litter getting into the toilet, my hairdresser said it wasn't a problem at all. Just flushed away like anything else!!! Her two kitties are now successful graduates of Litter Kwitter!!

I will keep you posted!!!!
    sign me,
    EXCITED IN CHICAGO!!
    Old March 7th 2012, 11:44 PM
    Site Admin

Default same problem

I had the same problem. One cat would use the mock toilet no problem with sweet scope flush-able litter. The other one would not he held out for an entire day and pooped at the bottom of my stairs. As soon as i sprinkled his old litter (fresh step clay litter) on it he went pee. So i'm going to have to research the crylstal kind until i get him use to the flush-able litter once the litter kwitter goes on the toilet i don't want any clogged drains.
    Old March 9th 2012, 12:09 AM
    Site Admin

Did you try to introduce the new litter to your cat slowly? Like the LitterKwitter, any changes you do should be done very slowly so the cat has a chance to get used to them or, ideally, doesn't even notice them at all. Changing litter can be a big deal for a cat, so it helps to mix in small amounts of the new litter with the old over a period of time, slowly increasing the ratio of new to old litter until the cat has made the transition.
    Old March 11th 2012, 06:47 AM
    Site Admin

I agree on introducing the litter slowely before you start training with the LK. My cats hated the crystal litter because it wasn't the same texture as the clay litter and never really learned to love it, but they did use it after a slow transition. I couldn't get another type of litter to use. I would not throw all the crystal litter in the toilet, I used to put all the dirty litter in a box and put the poo in the toilet. We did get alot of litter in the toilet when the cat were scratching the litter, but no problem.

By the way, I'm also a hairdresser Wonder what other people who are training their cats work as...Maybe I should make a new poll