• Back to Homepage
  • Doogie's LITTER KWITTER Forums - The Place for Cat Toilet Training  
    Old November 1st 2011, 11:02 PM
    Site Admin

Default Female cat, spraying pee everywhere :(

I have been struggling to train this cat to use the litter quitter on and of for over 2 years now. I would just let her use a litter box but I have to same problem in the litter box witch is that she stands up and just pees everywhere! Its really crazy because sometimes she will pee straight through the hole without making any mess at all (we are on the green stage) and other times, much more often recently, she gets up on the toilet, aims her but towards the hole and as she is urinating slowly raises her but, getting pee all over the floor.
    Also if she does get the toilet wet and someone is not there to clean it up for her she refuses to poop on it so she has been pooping on the bathroom floor quite a bit recently.
    If anyone has any suggestions please let me know. I would really appreciate it.
    Old November 10th 2011, 04:21 PM
    Site Admin

Do you have the toilet seat over the LK? If not maybe that might help...
    Old February 26th 2012, 07:21 PM
    Site Admin

So you don't use the LK, just a regular litterbox? If the cats don't like each other there might be a domination issue, usually they say that there should be one litter box for each cat pluss one, so if you have two cats you should actually have three litterboxes...

Is the cat using a litter he/she is used to? Is there enough litter in the box?

Remember to clean all accidents with enzymatic cleaners like for example Urine off to remove the urine smell completely.

Do not put your cats nose in the accident, it will only make things worse since the cat won't get that it was the wrong place to go - only that going somewhere is wrong alltoghether. Maybe you could close the cat in the same room as the litterbox at night and keep a close eye on the cat during the day, place the cat in the box whenever the cat is showing signs of needing to go. If the cat does use the litterbox, offer some treats at once

Last edited by Norwegiangirl85 : February 26th 2012 at 07:23 PM.
    Old July 20th 2012, 01:19 AM
    Site Admin

I just need to add that ironically cats are very clean creatures and will poop on the floor if there is too much urine around (this includes in their litter box).

I had a friend who had her cat litter trained but didn't clean out the litter frequently enough. The result was that after a certain point her cat point blank refused to use the litter and peed and pooped on the floor next to it.