• Back to Homepage
  • Doogie's LITTER KWITTER Forums - The Place for Cat Toilet Training  
    Old October 9th 2007, 07:16 AM
    Site Admin

Smile Another Success Story!

Hi all,

I visited this site several months ago and promised myself I would post my kitty's success when the day arrived. I have a 1 year old bengal who graduated this past Friday!

We were quite patient with her progress between stages and were able to make it after 6 months of training. We spent 1-2 months per stage and never really had to move back from difficulties. I will say as the task became more challenging, I would give kitty plenty of vocal encouragement when she was ready to potty. And each success was always rewarded with a small bite of wet cat food. That along with the encouragement was quite motivating for her!

Probably another thing which helped was forming a potty routine. She would greet me first thing each morning, so as to have a witness, and poo and pee for her small treat. Quite a tag team!

Any morning she had slept in, could easily be inspired with a few tosses of her feathered play toys. After a few quick sprints scampering up the stairs, she was highly motivated once again to show off in front of me. Not to mention a nice treat!

So everyone take heart and be patient. It does work with a little encouragement!:

Last edited by bbarr : October 9th 2007 at 07:34 AM. Reason: not finished