• Back to Homepage
  • Doogie's LITTER KWITTER Forums - The Place for Cat Toilet Training  
    Old August 19th 2007, 11:05 PM
    Site Admin

Send a message via AIM to Charlotte
    Lightbulb Goiing at the same time!

Hi..I'd like to introduce myself as a new member telling some more about my kitten. His name is Stripe and was born march 23rd. He's a very smart fellow and a quick learner. He already can sit and give paw on order. I got him when he was 9 weeks old and he was already trained to do everything on the litterbox. Browsing on the net I found out about the Litterkwitter and purchased it last week. I had to travel 20 km out of town to do so.The booklett as well as the Cd are only in English,not a problem to me but lots of dutch people do'nt speak or read the language good enough to understand it. So all 6 vetshops in my hometown had never heard of it and even my vet did'nt know exactly what the litterkwitter was or its purpeous! My first question is.. could it made more accessable to European use? Lots of people with cats in the netherlands,which are many, never heard about this method or the litterkwitter and are interested. Stripe already reached the red stage on the toilet after just one week, after one week placing the litterbox next to my toiletpot. Before that he always followed me there(as around the house) and hopped on the seat many times. But there's one problem now! Even growing closer with eachother every day..when I go..he goes too. Instead of the privacy cats supposedly want, Stripe finds it cosy and normal to do our thing together. But than I have to put the litterkwitter on the floor! I know he's young and at an early stage but I don't have any intention to brake this bond of confident he has in me..so what can be the solution? I just have one toilet in the house! I'd love to read your answers. Charlotte.
    Old March 10th 2008, 10:39 AM
    Site Admin

Wink

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Charlotte View Post
    But than I have to put the litterkwitter on the floor! I know he's young and at an early stage but I don't have any intention to brake this bond of confident he has in me..so what can be the solution? I just have one toilet in the house! I'd love to read your answers. Charlotte.
    I have the same problem. I have one loo and two burmese boys.

One is OK and happily pees and poos in and on the amber.
    Big lad needs to dig in the litter until he finds Australia or China. I think he loves the feeling of litter on his Bum. He hates the LK. He talks very quietly, asking politely for his old digging box back and this is a cat who doesn't talk!

So, as there were lots of poos and pees on the floor, pees in the hall and occasionally eslewhere I now have the red disk under the Amber.

Big lad still hates it. But, if I keep it clean (every time) he is getting the message.

If I use the loo I keep the litter tray on my lap with shooing hands to keep them from climbing up. Takes practice at cleaning up after myself but it's worth it.

I moved from crystal litter to pressed paper roll (cheaper and flushable) and drilled three holes in the red disk to drain. My boys pee for England! At least a minute a pee. This way I can keep it clean and the costs down.

Two days now and all in the LK!

Good luck holding that LK in one hand and hanging on with the other!
    Old March 11th 2008, 11:28 AM
    Site Admin

Question Time Alone

When you need to "go" just shut the door behind you to go. He'll sit and wait it out. I have two cats who also love to be in there with me, but it seems much easier, and stressful for me to go, as to have them in their with me.

They won't think ill of you, I used to put a feather on a stick and play at the door with them, they thought it more a game that way, and didn't stress too much.