• Back to Homepage
  • Doogie's LITTER KWITTER Forums - The Place for Cat Toilet Training  
    Old March 22nd 2012, 10:15 AM
    Site Admin

Default A Proud Moment!

My two cats each have their own toilet so I can train them each at their own pace. My quick learner, Solo, is on the intermediate green stage, the slow learner, Kronos, is on the beginner amber stage (with the tiny hole). Both are using their toilets for pee and poop very well thus far, although after much difficulty with the slow learner!

I was so proud the other day when Kronos, on the amber beginner stage, went to pee in Solo's toilet that had the green intermediate ring! I was so surprised

It just goes to show that peeing is no big deal, but for some reason our kitties are much more finicky about where they poop.
    Old March 25th 2012, 09:13 PM
    Site Admin

That is so cool!!! It shows that he can do it

I remember Miro used the toilet without the LK to pee and continued to do it after that if I was cleaning it when they were all on the green stage. He even started to use it for poo after a while - it was like he didn't care if the LK was there or not.

I think the reason cats have problems with poo is the position they have when they do it, it's harder than peeing. The other big thing is constipation, it's really important to give toilet trained cats food that does not contain too much grain. Pumpkin mixed in the food is also one of the things they say helps alot of cats, so if you can get a hold of it you definetively should