• Back to Homepage
  • Doogie's LITTER KWITTER Forums - The Place for Cat Toilet Training  
    Old October 26th 2011, 09:04 AM
    Site Admin

Default Cat is scared of noises

Hi
    I have nailed down what I think is causing my cat to pooh on the floor. He graduated and I removed all disks he was using the toilet seat. Then suddenly one day he started poohing on the floor. I thought thats odd as he had been going on it fine no problem then suddenly he went on the floor.

So I then realized that I had the tumble dryer on when he went (this is in the room next door to the toilet). Then a few days later he went back in the toilet as nothing was making a noise. Then a few more days later he went on the floor again. So I tried to find out what the noise was. Turns out the fan in the laundry room was left on. Hes very sensitive to noise when he tries to go on the toilet its almost like he is scared. His behaviour is becoming more sensitive to noise - its a hard one as I am not sure how I can solve this....anyone got any ideas? I work full-time so I am out most of the day.
    Old October 26th 2011, 02:23 PM
    Site Admin

you are right about the noise, Sparky has never had an accident, but he complains and will not go if the washing machine is on
    Old October 27th 2011, 02:18 AM
    Site Admin

I keep a Feliway plug-in in my bathroom. It secretes pheremones or something that relaxes the cat and helps them feel more comfortable. Its kind of expensive (to me), but I have noticed that my ctas are more comfortable with the plug in
    Old October 29th 2011, 07:40 AM
    Site Admin

That sounds like a great idea I never gave that a thought. I will look into where I can get one from! Its a doo doo every few days as I have family staying at home during the day now.
    Old October 29th 2011, 04:24 PM
    Site Admin

It is nice that you have family staying, but make sure that they do not try to watch your cat toilet.

Cats are very private and having people watching will put them off.

It is amazing how many people think this toilet training is some kind of entertainment and want to see. If they ask, you must forbid it.

In the beginning Sparky would stop if I went in to watch, it took a long time before he would relax with me in there with him. Now he is on green, I do not check him. I have noticed that he goes much faster without being watched. I think it takes less time for him to get comfortable when he is alone.