• Back to Homepage
  • Doogie's LITTER KWITTER Forums - The Place for Cat Toilet Training  
    Old July 23rd 2011, 02:35 PM
    Site Admin

Default pooping on the seat

So I put the lid down today and so far it seems to have helped with his pooping on the white part. He has to arrange himself differently and it mostly goes in the tray. It doesn't help that he is having some tummy issues and has diarrhea, so the consistency of everything is not normal and gets everywhere more easily. He had worms when I got him and it has takes a few rounds of meds to knock them out, today was his last dose so hopefully we will be OK soon on that front.

The one thing this might do is put me on an extra week of amber tho as I want him totally comfortable with it before I switch to green. I am also reducing litter already as he is a thrower, I am down to about a half cup and he seems fine with that.
    Old July 24th 2011, 02:00 AM
    Site Admin

the seat has been down for about 24 hours now and all poop has been in the tray or the toilet, YAY!! Hopefully this week will go smoothly and if there isn't a hiccup we will go to green by August.
    Old July 24th 2011, 07:27 AM
    Site Admin

Yay! Yes, I had to put the seat down for my cats too, or it would end up on the white ring. Although, I do leave the seat up the first week that I change to a new disk so they have more surface area to stand on. After the first week of them getting used to a new disk, I put the seat back down. Right now we are at the Green disk with the seat up. We are going to stay on Green until Kali gets spayed on August 27. I will probably take the Green disk off the second week of September.

Hopefully, they will graduate by the end of September as a birthday present to me If they do graduate at the end of September, our training would have been a long 4 and a half months, but well worth it I think!!
    Old July 24th 2011, 12:00 PM
    Site Admin

It is sooooo worth it!!

I haven't been repositioning him as I wanted him to just be ok with the seat down, just now I heard him scratching and went in and moved him just a bit and he pooped right down the hole! He knows when this happens too as he hops right off for a treat without looking or scratching!

I had been putting off the whole new kitten thing for years because my Tspin was SO easy to train and never had an accident, I was afraid a new kitten would refuse or just not be trainable.
    Old July 24th 2011, 12:02 PM
    Site Admin

Robby goes to the vet on Aug. 5th for his next vaccines, she will tell me then if he is ready to be neutered as he was too small the last time we went.

my boys...
    Old July 26th 2011, 07:50 AM
    Site Admin

Just now he positioned himself over the hole alone and peed into the toilet for the first time without my having to reposition him!! Yay!!