• Back to Homepage
  • Doogie's LITTER KWITTER Forums - The Place for Cat Toilet Training  
    Old February 20th 2011, 08:27 AM
    Site Admin

Lightbulb 3 cat's on green stage - Getting to the end :)

I have 3 cat's on the green stage.

2 sacred birmans (Boy and girl), they were 13 weeks when we started training in the start of september 2010 and have now been on the litter kwitter for about 5-6 months.

and one bengal kitten(Boy) who were 11 weeks when we started training in late december 2010, and has been on the litter kwitter for about 2 months.

They are all at the green stage and have been for 3 weeks if i remember correctly. I keep my cat's in the bathroom at night with their toys, food, water, blancket, scratching post and so on.(They have been sleeping in there ever since they moved in and are used to it).

My birman boy, Yedi has never had a problem with the litter kwitter and is doing fine, but he is the only one who has 2 paws on the green disk and 2 paws on the toilet seat.

My birman girl, Mina has had alot of issues in the beginning, but now she always pees on the toilet and sometimes poops on the floor...I can se that sometimes she jumps on the toilet, but changes her mind after trying to position herself a couple of times...

My bengal boy, Miro has had alot of issues from day one, but he always pees on the toilet now, but almost always try to poop on the floor. I can see that when he is on the toilet his feet slips a bit and I have been starting to think that maybe this might be the problem and is making him feel insecure...? I have not seen that he is reacting to it, but maybe inside his head

From day one I have had the toilet seat down because the litter kwitter does not fit my toilet and is very unstabile...My toilet seat is smaller than the litter kwitter so it is very slim and it is made of porcelain so it is very slippery. It also slope inwards towards the pan...I am thinking about buying a non slip tape and put it in the corner that they alwas use when they are on the toilet so that they can feel more secure that they will not fall in...Has anyone else had this problem or tried this?

More info of our past training-problems:

We had problems when I changed from clumping litter to crystal litter and when we changed from the red stage to the amber stage with booth #1 and #2, sometimes Mina would go and sometimes not. We tried to switch to the green stage (with the cardboard method). After a week they were on green stage without the cardboard in the middle and we tried that for a week although Mina was not a 100% confident in the amber stage. I know that we are not supposed to rush a cat before they are ready and of course she did not do well on the green stage, but the good thing was that when I went back to the amber stage all the problems were gone so that is how we solved the amber stage problems

Because I knew we were getting a new kitten I did not go any futher then the amber stage so the cat could get more confident and safe on that stage.

When the new kitten (Miro) arrived I let him use the red disk on the floor and the other cats the amber on the toilet. The problem was that the other cats tried to go on the red disk when I was not there to correct them. The new kitten (Miro) has had problems since day one. The first days he was peeing and pooping in every corner of my apartement...

The first day I had him in the bedroom because he did not know the other cats. He did not do his buisness in the red disk, but in a corner in my bedroom. It was alot of bad smelling poop. I have never seen that much poop before and this is a very small cat, my birmans are much bigger. I have had my bengal for 7 weeks now and his stomach is still a problem, he does not have diarreha all the time, but he is not good. We have tried all sorts of test and the vetrinarien does not find the problems. We have changed the food and tried some medication...I started with Feliway diffuser last night because I am suspecting that he is a nervous cat. He poops everytime I try to put him in the travel cage, so that's why I think this may be the problem with his stomach.

Regardless I tried to put the red disk in the bathroom...At first I thought he did not like the crystal litter or the box as he was used to clumping litter and a litter box with a roof...Sometimes he went on the floor and sometimes in the disk. He always mad alot of noise before having to poop. I tried the red disk for a week before putting it on the toilet. (I did not want my other cats to go back to the floor stage. ) My bengal started to pee in the red disk, but the poop was sometimes in the red disk and sometimes on the floor. We tried the red disk on the toilet for a couple of weeks before I tried to go to the amber stage. No problems with the other cats, but my bengal had the same problems. I got sick of all the litter in my bathroom after spending about 4-5months on the amber stage alltogether and tried the green stage. My birman boy still has no problems using the toilet. My birman girl usually use the toilet for both #1 and #2, but I can see that sometimes she tries to go, but give up because she does not like it too much. We have a few accidents, but she is doing quite well. My bengal is very good at peeing in the toilet (Except one time in the sofa) no problems at all because he loves the treats, but we still have the poo problem...But when he has his accidents it is never on the bathroom, it is always in the livingroom. Is this because he sleeps and eats in the bathroom? He has pooped twice in his play stand in the livingroom, once in the same spot he peed in the sofa, but on a blancket and in all types of corners...What can I do to prevent him from doing this? He is really driving me crazy...

Last edited by Norwegiangirl85 : April 26th 2011 at 08:00 PM.
    Old February 24th 2011, 03:28 AM
    Site Admin

Question Breaktrough :) But still a few problems...

I bought a non slip tape to the toilet seat and used keep off spray in all corners of our apartement, maybe one or both worked because finally for the first time in a long time Miro used the green tray for #2...I hope this is not the only time and this is a breaktrough I have also used feliway for about a week now...

To bad Mina has started pooping on the floor this last week, she even peed on her sleeping blancket once and that has not happend before or after...I don't know why she does this but I think it might be that she has the lowest rank and does not want to go after the others or maybe it is something else... Any ideas

Last edited by Norwegiangirl85 : March 17th 2011 at 08:25 AM.
    Old February 24th 2011, 05:56 PM
    Site Admin

Thumbs up Surprise :)

Miro used the toilet whitout the Litter kwitter for #1 today, it wasen't planned, it just happened...I had just been on the toilet myself and suddenly he jumped on the toilet and did his thing whitout noticing that the green tray and everything was goone...Now I am wondering if I should take it off for a while just to see how the others react...I had a few accidents with Mina this week, but if she does not like that I take the green away, mabye she will start to like the green just like the time she started liking amber when i took it away, changed to green and then back again. My other concern is that Yedi is always good, but he is the only one who does not use all his legs on the toilet seat, he loves to dig and he is very big...But, I guess we just have to wait and see

I would like to add that it seems Miro uses the side witht the tape to go #2 and the other side to do #1, but it might be a coincidense...

Last edited by Norwegiangirl85 : March 17th 2011 at 08:28 AM.
    Old February 24th 2011, 06:05 PM
    Site Admin

Cool Videos :)

By the way, here is videos of 2 of my cat's at the green stage:

Miro, the Bengal:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EmHQoHya8uI

Yedi, the birman:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K4ZiwdtvO68

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SCLtYXnO0Uk

I haven't gotten a good video of my girl yet...

Last edited by Norwegiangirl85 : March 17th 2011 at 08:28 AM.
    Old February 26th 2011, 05:12 PM
    Site Admin

Wink Things are starting to work :)

I decided to leave the green on for a while longer. Miro is still doing good and he has been accident free for about a week, finally

Mina has had a couple of accident with both #1 and #2 this week and she has been holding her poo in too long. for the last two days I have been putting her on the toliet and when she is in the right position I have been giving her a treat even if she has not done anything...It seems to have worked bacause the first night after there was poo in the toilet and all the others had done there buisniss already and today she did both things in front of me. I gave here treats and cuddles and playd with her. Now she has positive thoughts about the litter kwitter and I hope it will stay this way

Last edited by Norwegiangirl85 : March 17th 2011 at 08:30 AM.
    Old February 27th 2011, 07:28 AM
    Site Admin

Thumbs up Wow :)

Wow, Miro is doing good today...He has done #2 twice today in the toilet Good boy!!!

Yedi has started to put all 4 paws on the toilet seat (I think the non slip tape was a smart investement)

Mina has had an accident free day and done her thing in the toilet

Last edited by Norwegiangirl85 : March 17th 2011 at 08:30 AM.
    Old October 19th 2011, 08:19 AM
    Site Admin

Unhappy

[quote=Norwegiangirl85;9574]Miro used the toilet whitout the Litter kwitter for #1 today, it wasen't planned, it just happened...

That is awesome to hear...i look forward to seeing your video. I don't know how you can handle all those cats pooping all over your house. I had planned to have new laminate floor put all over the current old vinyl and carpet in one month and now I see they can do really good and then suddenly bbboooomm bamb...poop paw...all over the house and more smell...that is one reason i am doing this (besides water damage) he peed in my closet and while no one else smells it, i do. I already paid over $2000 towards that too.

That just shows that a cat can do this if he wants to but I'm worried my 12 year old cat might be too old. I'm a little confused about all your other cats as I'm new to this thread but good luck with all that and will be watching your progress thank you for sharing. I have to go do a Critter Oil treatment with Borax, salt and baking soda as the fleas are back!
    Old March 23rd 2011, 10:05 AM
    Site Admin

Post Going back to green...

Yedi (as far as I know) has not done a #2 since sunday and I haven't seen him do #1 since yesterday so I'm getting a bit stressed out...Just waiting for an accident...

Both Mina and Miro has done #1 today. Miro has not done #2 today so hopefully he can wait until tomorow before I go to work. I know that someone did both #1 and #2 in the toilet today and I know that it's either Mina or Yedi because it didn't smell bad. (Miro has a sensitive stomach.) I really hope that this time it was Yedi(Or both...), but I have the feeling that it was Mina...

Today I can't sit up all night...I really need some sleep after this weekend so I just have to take the chance I guess. I wish I din't have to work so I could consentrate on them, but unfortunatly that is not an option...I just put the green back on because I don't want to stress Yedi more than I have already done, hopefully he will use it. I don't want to put the litter back, but if he has another accident I guess I don't have a choice...We'll see how it goes...Crossing my fingers, but have no expectations...

Last edited by Norwegiangirl85 : March 23rd 2011 at 10:13 AM.
    Old March 23rd 2011, 06:13 PM
    Site Admin

Cool Hoping...

Finally Yedi did #1 on the green stage with no litter today, I think he was happy to have something to do his digging motion's on again even if the litter was not there. He peed for a looooong time I really hope that he can get back on track again...

I still don't know who did #2 yesterday, but I know that since there were only one yesterday someone needs to go soon and I'll be working all day. I really hope I don't have to come back to poo on the floor and that they can wait until I get home...I really wish I had auto flush, but the only one for my kind of toilet had the price of 1,252,09 dollars....(7000kr)...And I don't know if they will even learn to use it as it is a moition sensor over the toilet...
    Old March 24th 2011, 04:30 AM
    Site Admin

Talking Yes!!! I think we are back on track :)

I came back home from work and expected the bathroom floor to be full of poop, but to my surprise the toilet was full of pee and poop, yey It looked almost brown/black so I think that maybe it was more than one who did it, I hope so...Or maybe it had just been there so long that it changed color...I looked at the little that was on my tape(it only tapes about two hours) and I could see Yedi doing #2 and he did #1 when I got home(that will be twice today) so I'm so happy, maybe we are sucsesfully without litter!!! I really hope that we are back on track again and that they were not to bothered of the LK smelling so many hours...(Someone did not hit the water so there were some poop in the green tray aswell as in the water, that's why it was smelling...).I'm working a long day tomorow so I guess they will be tested again then...and the day is not finished yet...

Update, Miro just did #2 just before I'm going to bed I guess they have all done their thing today...But of course I can't be sure...

Last edited by Norwegiangirl85 : March 24th 2011 at 09:35 AM.