• Back to Homepage
  • Doogie's LITTER KWITTER Forums - The Place for Cat Toilet Training  
    Old August 5th 2009, 11:04 PM
    Site Admin

Post Jacob's litter kwitter diary

Hi all,
    Jacob is an 8 month old ragdoll (big fluffly cat). I always knew I was going to toilet train him so I started the initial stages before I got the litter kwitter (ie: moving his litter next to the toilet, raising his litter to the height of the toilet, encouraging him to walk around the seat of the toilet and get used to flushing and the sound of other people going to the toilet).

We started on the red stage, which was absoultly no big deal for him. As I am now using a lot less litter (his litter box was pretty big) I think he just thought "great, clean litter again". I've been keeping it really clean. Sometimes it's hard to know when he's gone as he doesn't disturb the litter (he scratches the rim of the toilet). I didn't think he'd used it until I saw him, then I changed it and realised he'd been using it all day (both peeing and pooing).

Husband convinced me to move him to the amber disck (I'm really not sure about this one) - but he's already pooed using it. Of corse I changed and disinfected it straight away. I think he's really likeing the super clean part of the litter kwitter program.

Anyway that's all for now. We'll see how he goes tonight. I'm loving using heaps less litter!

Za
    Old August 6th 2009, 08:46 PM
    Site Admin

Default Peeing in unison - Update on Jacob

Well, I've gotten home and although Jacob pooed in the amber disk (or rather on it), he doesn't seem to have used it while I was away. I've put him on it a couple of times, but I think he may just end up resenting this (Hey, I know what it is, quit it).

Now the problem I'd been worried about. Jacob likes to go to the toilet when I do and as his litter tray has always been right next to the toilet this was no problem (peeing in unison lol). Well I went into the bathroom (followed by the furball), he looked at his LK, I waited a little while, got my jeans etc off ready to go (all the while keeping an eye on him in case he wanted to go. Then took the LK off the toilet to go myself. He got onto the LK, and just had a smell. The little bugger waiting untill I was mid-pee before he started going!!! Not much I could do about it I'm afraid. He peed right in the middle on the amber disk, it just wasn't on the toilet when he did it.

Husband says he may have been using it all day if he's going through the hole. We've not found any surprises, but Jacob is very good at holding on.

Well, we'll see what happens next.
    Old August 7th 2009, 09:22 AM
    Site Admin

Perhaps have a bucket with water in it so when you use it he uses it still almost as if it were on the toilet, or, don't let him on it when you are using the potty!
    Old August 8th 2009, 12:22 PM
    Site Admin

Default Jacob is using amber stage

Thanks Chrissy, I worked out a way of taking my jeans down first, then picking up the amber insert and sitting it on my lap as I go to the toilet. Jacob was not happy at this.

Husband filled him up with yummy cat milk last night to try and get him to pee in the KL (he's pooing there fine). As today is Saturday it's my clean up day. . . . hmmm, found all the places he's been peeing (lots of washing to do). He's pretty sneeky about where he pees (most of the places were out of site). So I've removed all places that he would like to pee (he seems to have a preference to scrunched up material, blankets, clothes, shopping bags etc) and he's be meowing and going in and out of the bathroom, up and down on the KL (not doing anything except smelling and walking around), then, after I went to the toilet and flushed it I looked at him and said "we can play this game as long as you want, you're going to have to use the KL". Well, finally he gave in, but I had to be next to him (kneeling down). Maybe that's just a security thing. I think we're going to be on the amber stage for quite a while, but that's OK.
    Old August 12th 2009, 08:04 PM
    Site Admin

Default Update on MY diary - Jacob and notorious toilet seat

OK, so the human slave taught me how to use this computer thingy, so now I get to put updates on. I'm using the amber stage OK (if I can't find anywhere else - the human seems to have evorapated all my favorite spots ). I'm going to the LK ok now (I try to trick the humans into thinking I'm having problems with it, but I watched the DVD too!) Anyway, after I had done my business I was having a scratch around on the LK lid and the toilet seat lid - lo and behold the toilet seat fell on me. Well, lucky I'm a tough cat. Didn't get scared at all but my human slave told me to tell you "bla bla bla bluetac bla bla bla on toilet seat bla bla bla". Hope this helps the rest of you Kwitters out there.

The human slave forgot to put the green ring away, so like a well schooled kitten I peed in it (I didn't think that it being on the couch was a problem - but it looks like it was 'cause now the green LK has vanised into the air - I hope I see it again).

That's all for now

cya cats
    Old August 17th 2009, 08:45 PM
    Site Admin

Arrow Still on the Amber stage

Hi to all the cats and humans. Well, I'm still on the Amber stage, but I'm getting much more confident. I've also trained my human to know when I want to go. She still sits beside me when I'm going, but I have a sneaky suspicion that I'm going to have to do it all by myself soon. I always make sure she cleans things well (I don't leave until I see her get the disinfectant out). I'm having a bit of trouble with the other humans in the house. I'm sure this porcelen thingy is just for me, but they insist on using it! I've developed a strategy though - as soon as I see a human going for the toilet I run in first and jump up on the toilet. True, most of the time I don't need to go, but they have to learn that the toilet is mine!!!!

cya all