PDA

View Full Version : Going OK until the dreaded flush

hexrunt
August 26th 2007, 12:34 PM
Our daughter's cats went really well on red stage and started amber OK until we used the flush as suggested. Now one of the cats is terrified and hangs on until she can't hold on any longer and promptly does her doos on the bed. I don't see the point of flushing the toilet as the cat can't flush it anyway and so would never be in that situation. Flushing the toilet has only served to terrify the cat and has spoilt the whole thing. Why have this step? (And don't tell me it's to get used to hearing water in the bowl. There is a huge quantum leap between hearing a trickle of water and hearing a flush). Now we don't know how to get the cat comfortable on the toilet again.

buzzy
August 27th 2007, 04:12 PM
That must be frustrating :( Fortunately our cat is fascinated by the flushing water and must stick his head over to watch. Doesnt mean he's any good at using the litter kwitter thought >_<

Did you try going back to the red stage?

courtdq
August 30th 2007, 06:47 AM
hI,
I wait until the cats are out of the bathroom before I flush the toilet. It tends to freak my siamese out whenever the toilet is flushed and he is in the room.

Elsewhere
September 14th 2007, 05:18 AM
That is very strange. Most cats (including mine) are FASINATED by a flushing toilet. When my cats hear the toilet flush they hop up to peek down inside the bowl to see all the action.

frogger90
October 24th 2007, 08:13 AM
One of ours figured out how to flush.... he does it all the time... day/night. I may need to slow the water flow to the toilet so he doesn't run up our water bill.

pnklfnt
October 24th 2007, 03:49 PM
I'm afraid that my baby Sofia will learn how to flush.... and am not in the least impressed at that prospect. She is always smelling the flush lever after I've pushed it down.

I was thinking of getting a push-button flush (as I have seen in some commercial toilets) or something similar. Rather than the lever action one.

I am sorry to hear about your flushing plight, but on the other hand glad yo posted it for others to see that teaching, them or hoping they'd get the idea isn't always a welcome help.