PDA

View Full Version : Peeing on my bed?

Bunnykitty
April 21st 2012, 05:00 PM
So for the past 3 weeks my cat has been happily using the red stage that I put next to the toilet. Well when I moved it up to the toilet she only pooped in it but she peed on my bed. She's already been spayed but I'm not sure if she knows it because she shakes her butt and acts like she's spraying certain stuff. Any ideas?

Norwegiangirl85
April 23rd 2012, 07:59 AM
Make sure you keep your bedroom door closed and see if that helps, if not you should put the red tray back on the floor. You might need to do a slower transition, maybe some of these tips can help you: http://www.litterkwitter.com/forums/showthread.php?p=12962#post12962

Bunnykitty
April 23rd 2012, 10:38 AM
Yeah, yesterday we put it back on the floor but when I was a work she still tried to pee on it. My husband caught her in time though. I've been spending a lot of time at work lately and she's used to having me there with her. Do you think she's just mad at me? She does it in my spot too. :(

(ty for the great tips btw :))

Norwegiangirl85
April 25th 2012, 04:18 AM
I don't think she is mad at you at all, usually if a cat pee in your area it is because she feels safe with you and your smell ;)

Even the best of cats pee in the bed if they get the chance, I never let my cats in the bedroom even if they use the toilet all the time - I think it's just too tempting. I don't even keep anything soft on the floor anywhere...Maybe put a shower curtain or a tarp mat on the bed when you are not using it...Or at least remove the comforter...

Bunnykitty
April 27th 2012, 01:15 PM
ty I'll go pick one up tomorrow and let you know how it goes. :D

griffinstein
January 10th 2013, 02:12 PM
My male cat pees in bed if I don't make the bed or if I leave something bunched up. If there's rumpled bed sheets, or laundry in the basket (dirty or clean doesn't matter) he takes that as an invite to have at it. My female cat is little Miss Manners and never peed on anything. Boys. Go figure. I use a child-size pee pad (vinyl on one side, felt on the other) and just spread it across his favorite area (the divot between the pillows). It's a small price to pay for having to world's cutest cat :)

windapp
January 15th 2013, 10:54 AM
The best of cats do not pee on the bed or anywhere outside of the litter box. I am currently training my cat on the Litter Kwitter, but if I saw any sign of this habit forming I would stop immediately. If cats take to peeing on beds, bath mats, carpets, furniture or plastic bags, and it becomes a habit you will never be able to stop it. I had to put a cat down because of this after years of trying everything, and I cannot describe how heartbreaking the experience is. If a cat is peeing in the litter box to the exclusion of the rest of your house it is not fair to risk ingraining such a lethal habit. You can make up your own mind about what constitutes starting to form a habit, but for me, peeing on my bed even once would cause me to give up on the training altogether.

Norwegiangirl85
January 15th 2013, 03:32 PM
I was not talking about litter trained cats, I was talking about toilet training cats. Of course most cats don't go on the bed, but I was trying to explain that when toilet training many cats only have accidents when they can use the bed - when the bed is off limits they use the toilet and don't have any other accidents. Other cats have accidents everywhere, even on the floor - for them it's not enough to just close the bedroom door. If you are that afraid of accidents and would actually think about putting down your cat because of these issues I wouldn't advice toilet training. If you do - go extremely slow, one accident can be enough to form a habit that can take months to work out. The less accidents and the slower progress, the better for everyone.

And by the way, when I got my bengal he did pee everywhere (before he was trained) - he is the one that I trust the most after the training, so I don't agree that you can't do anything about a habit like that.

Alair55
August 26th 2013, 09:43 PM
Your cat may be ill or perhaps needs to be spayed. Improper elimination is often a symptom of a medical problem.

Norwegiangirl85
August 31st 2013, 06:56 PM
Alair55: Yes, it's always a good idea to take the cat to the vet just in case, you never know if it's because of a medical problem or a behavior problem.