PDA

View Full Version : Behavior modification needed

Jeff
April 17th 2012, 11:03 PM
I successfully trained two kitten to use the LQ. They have been using the green stage flawlessly for weeks. We recently opened up our 3 season room and to my surprise the female kitten pooped in this room. This has not happened anywhere else in the house and both cats continue to use the LQ. The Female pooped for the third time last night after I watched her all day not use the LQ (Includes a period of 3 hours in which I was out of the house). Not sure what to do as I observed the female use the LQ to pooip two days prior. We have used cat odor remover on the carpet bnut that doesn't seem to deter her. Anyt help would be appreciated.

Norwegiangirl85
April 23rd 2012, 08:01 AM
Hmmm, maybe the change stressed her out...Have you tried Feliway diffuser in the room? It might help to calm her down and keep her from going in there...

Jeff
April 25th 2012, 12:10 AM
What does Feliway diffuser do? Any which room do you put it in? The room you do or do not want them to go in?

Norwegiangirl85
April 25th 2012, 04:11 AM
"Feliway is a product that consists of a synthetic feline facial pheromone. It is used to stop both territorial and aggressive behavior, as well as to sooth anxiety in cats. Using Feliway can eliminate several feline behavior issues such as scratching, spraying, inappropriate urination and aggression toward both other cats, pets and humans. It can also help calm travel anxiety or stress as a result of relocation. Feliway can be used as either a spray or in a diffuser plugged into a wall socket."

Alot of information here: http://www.feliway.com/gb

I used Feliway in the bathroom because I didn't want my cats to poop on the floor in there, but I also wanted them to feel safe in the room since I wanted them to use the toilet in there and it worked for one of my cats :)