PDA

View Full Version : Amber Stage Help!

blueberry0358
March 9th 2012, 03:16 AM
Well, the red stage was working fine, except for occassional mistakes due to an unclean dish.
But, we had a huge screw up on the first day of putting on the amber disk. My spouse came home from work, right after i fed the cat dinner and I had just introduced the kitty Pea to the new disk and spot for going potty in. Well, i figured it be safest to keep all bedrooms closed just in case he freaks out and wants to go in another spot.
Well, the spouse just being informed of the news and not understand the implications of not following these little simple helpful preventative tips, left his door open. Then I said hey the door must stay shut, again, well he went to closing the door and sure enough closed the cat in the room with the door closed!!! I said shortly after "where is Pea?" and then thought o'my god maybe he got locked in the room!!! well sure enough he had been, and pooped his after dinner mess all over the bed! so that night i decided to keep him in the bathroom over night with the new amber tray. He peed all over his bed and got water and litter everywhere. which i figured may be normal.
So i stuck with it and all the following day he would go to the bathroom splash around and fiddle with the litter and go on the floor in the bathroom, I dont know if he urinated in it or where that is ???? any way this morning pooo and litter and the mess all over again, this time him running all over the house spreading the mess on everything. Now I need "me" time, and put him in a safe area in the living room on the leash. while i can regain my composure and clean all. Do I give up? I have decided to put the red dish back! I must be a lunatic!? What should I do?:confused:

Norwegiangirl85
March 11th 2012, 09:12 PM
It was smart to go back to red, keep your cat in the bathroom at nigh. Wash all the accident spots with enzymatic cleaner like Urine off. Read here for many good amber advice: http://www.litterkwitter.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2662

I hope your spouse learned his lesson about keeping bedroom doors shut ;)

Keep us posted on your progress.