PDA

View Full Version : OMG - urinating on bed!!!!!!!

cleverkitty
January 11th 2012, 09:55 AM
:eek:

Hi my Bengal kitten (who is 11 months old now) was using the toilet happily until just before NYE.

All of a sudden she peed on my bed - having always slept with me since she arrived.

The only things I could think of were that she was missing my son - he lives with me week on/off. He had been with us for 1 whole week (holiday time) so maybe she was pinning for him?

The other thing was I had just bought a crinkly satin-like bed spread and this is what she peed on - the funny thing was that just before, she had come up to me whilst I was playing on the Wii, and kept patting my arm with her paw. I just petted her but didn't check to see what she was telling me... then 10 mins later found the bed wet.

The toilet wasn't dirty.

I washed all the bedding having soaked it in special stuff to get rid of the smell but 2 days later I woke up and she had suddenly peed on me whilst I was sleeping - so had to buy a new duvet and now she is not allowed in my bedroom.

Action taken: I shut all the doors to bedrooms/living room - allowing her limited places to go until her habits resolved themselves - so as soon as she peed I would let her back into the living room.

For a few days it was like she had forgotten where to pee and I even caught her trying to pee on a bag of clothes - I picked her up mid stream and took her to the loo and shut her in. I went back 30 mins later and she had gone so let her out (and into living room as a reward).

I brought back the white seat which I think she is much happier with it and she has been good as gold since. I still treat her when she has done which she really enjoys and if I am home she announces very loudly that she is going/has gone!

Does anyone have any ideas as to what is going on and can I ever trust her in my bedroom again?

Norwegiangirl85
January 12th 2012, 05:51 AM
I have heard that some types of bed spreads are more "inviting" for cats to pee on so that might be why it started, but it may also be that she has UTI...Have you checked her at the vet?

cleverkitty
January 13th 2012, 08:17 AM
Hi how are you?

No I am beginning to think I may need to get her checked. She drank a lot of water today, didn't pee and then spent ages meowing about the place the way a bengal does. Later on my son got into his bed and found she had peed on it.

Norwegiangirl85
January 21st 2012, 07:33 PM
Hi, I'm good :) Did you get her checked yet? Hope she is getting better...