PDA

View Full Version : travelling with kitty

Monchi in Toronto
December 7th 2011, 04:49 AM
What happens if I take my kitty to another place for a few days? Will she know to use the toilet there or should we have a litter box at the ready? If she uses the litter box there, will she forget everything she's learned at home (ie. when we return will it be back to the red stage?)?

Thanks for any advice!

Norwegiangirl85
December 8th 2011, 04:30 AM
I travelled with my cats on amber, green and white stage and they used other toilets :) I haven't travelled after I removed the LK completely so don't know if they will use any toilets without their scent on it, but I will take them with me for christmas so we'll see how that goes...I have heard some people just bring the LK seat with them and others their real toilet seat or make a mock toilet and let them use it at home first so they get used to it. Some people just bring back the litterbox and retrain their cats pretty fast, but some cats rebell. I never want my cats to even see a litterbox because I want them to forget about it ;)

salam1973
December 8th 2011, 06:56 AM
That's true ,I agree with you Norwegiangirl,once they are used to the LK is hard to go back to litter box ,I think is much better to carry the whole litter kwitter with you.:D

Norwegiangirl85
January 21st 2012, 08:08 PM
Just wanted to update you; I took my cats with me to my mom in christmas. They used the toilet there. It took almost a day before they wanted to use it so I just kept them in the bathroom until they did and then let them out. Unfortunatly my mom left her bathrobe on the floor when showering and Mina peed on it once. Yedi opened her bedroom door one day so he could pee and poop on the bed...So as long as doors are closed (or locked in our case) and soft things are not on the floor and they are supervised the first days it will all be fine with just the toilet ;)