PDA

View Full Version : A poll regarding toilet usage

devora
August 6th 2011, 04:43 PM
I have read on another forum some advice for people trying to get rid of feral cats, the advice was to get male family members to urinate in a bucket and sprinkle it about the boundary of the garden, the male hormones deter the cats, I do not know if it is true.

Could sharing the toilet with a male family member be deterring the cats from using the litter kwitter/toilet?

Should people who have cat and male family member using the same toilet need to clean after the male family member usage?

Can we share information regarding toilet usage.
I will go first

Sparky has almost his own toilet, I also use it early in the morning so as not to wake my husband. After training it will be our toilet, my husband using the other bathroom. So far we have no problems with the litter kwitter

Norwegiangirl85
August 7th 2011, 01:32 AM
I don't think my cat's have had any problems sharing the toilet with me or my boyfriend, or our guests for that matter...I guess IF it's true that it can be detering, it doesn't matter because we flush...? We don't clean the toilet after every use...- Just flush...

abby2932
August 8th 2011, 05:08 AM
haha no that's silly! Male cats have stronger hormones is their urine to deter feral cats, so that is true. Humans do not have have that. You don't need to worry about a guy using your cats toilet :-D

LucyDee
October 7th 2011, 10:03 PM
In our house there is only one loo. I live with my boyfriend and it doesn't seemto have caused any problems at all :)