PDA

View Full Version : Bubbles and Jack - A Potty Adventure

kmyrick
October 25th 2010, 02:48 AM
We just picked up our LK yesterday for our two DSH cats.

Bubbles - female black and white Picture (http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?pid=181337&l=e94058ab05&id=1211097767)
Jack - male black with spots Picture (http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?pid=291963&l=a624faa128&id=1211097767)

After a very through cleaning of their potty room (spare bathroom) we are starting with the LK on the floor. Even after showing them the LK it took some time for them to sniff and touch it before they realized it was their new potty.

Within minutes of their new discovery, Bubbles, had already tested it out. Jack would walk into their room during the night and whine. For some reason we had a rare treat of both cats sleeping with us last night. It wasn't until this morning when he made his first use of the LK.

We developed a system of reward when they use the LK. We give the 'user' a treat and some cuddle time.

kmyrick
October 26th 2010, 12:31 AM
Day #2

We still have our RED LK on the floor and had both cats doing 1s and 2s in the LK with no outside accidents. However, today is our first day where we are both at work at the same time. I wonder how the cats will feel about the LK without us at home.

Both are starting to understand 1s or 2s in the means nom-noms, cuddles and praise.

On a side note having both cats in the bathroom watching you clean the LK is rather amusing. I swear they both gave me the "you missed a spot" look.

kcksvava
October 26th 2010, 01:49 PM
Oh yeah, they love to watch the cleaning process. It's like they know the LK is theirs and they want to make sure you are treating it with respect. :)

Good luck as you embark on your adventure!!

kmyrick
October 28th 2010, 03:02 AM
Day #3

Well yesterday I arrived home to find the LK unused. I checked everywhere in the house and found no accidents. My curiosity was peaked. After being home for about 20 minutes, Jack decided it was time to show off his skills. He meowed and howled in the bathroom until I came to see what the fuss was about. He waited until I was there and then went 1s. Treats, cuddles and praise abound.

Not to be out done, Bubbles wants her share of the love so she does here 1s as well. It was a battle of whatever you do, I can do better between them the rest of the evening.

This morning on the other hand was full of suprises. Two 1s in the LK with a 2 in the corner by the toilet. Apparently, someone was less than accurate, leading to a puddle under the LK.

Oh well, at lteast they are both really trying to figure it out. We know our cats are smart and will figure it out.