PDA

View Full Version : Using other toilets

marshall_andy
October 23rd 2006, 06:07 PM
Hello All,
Our Burmese adapted to using the toilet very quickly - there were a couple of nights she sat on the edge of the seat and cried/meowed, however all in all it was a quick process.
We have now discovered her using both of our toilets! She was specifically trained on one toilet but has seemingly taught herself to use the other spare toilet. She has a habit of opening the bathroom door when it is being used by a human and watching. Strange, but I guess curiosity is amplified in a Burmese.
She now uses both toilets according to which one is accessible at the time.
Has anyone else had this type of behaviour? I always thought cats once trained in a specific environment would not 'wander off'.
Dont get me wrong - I think it is amazing that she has worked out that both toilets are the same object, etc. It may be a great thing when we move house and simply have to highlight the toilet for her!

Suzanne
October 27th 2006, 07:18 PM
Yes, my femaile abyssinian has been using both toilets for several months.

imported_admin
November 6th 2006, 11:56 AM
Hi All,
It's not unusual for cats once trained to use any toilet. Since all toilets generally look the same, they become the cat's new imprinted idea of an acceptable toilet spot (just as children's sand pits are used by litter-trained cats because they are just like litter trays).
Doogie even gets up on the next door neighbour's toilet when he goes to visit them! (Not that they mind, but they do wish their cat was smart enough to copy him :wink: ).
Thanks for your post,
The Litter Kwitter Team.