PDA

View Full Version : New kitty arriving Mon - LK not arriving for 1 week!!

pumpkinspotty
October 13th 2006, 09:10 AM
I just ordered my LK kit today (Thurs) and was supposed to have our new 3 1/2 - 4 mo old kitten shipped at the end of the month, however, I was just advised he is shipping out Monday!! (eek) Realizing that I will not have the LK when my kitten arrives, does anyone have any suggestions on what to do in the interim for those 3,4 or maybe 5 days without the LK?
TOTALLY NOT READY!!!!
Desperately seeking advice!
KC

imported_admin
October 13th 2006, 11:59 AM
Hi KC,
Don't stress out over the 3-5 days that you will have the kitten without the Litter Kwitter. As you will notice upon the arrival of the LK and the instructional DVD, the first step in the training is placing the red disc on the floor of the bathroom near the toilet. You can use this time to your advantange by placing a normal kitty litter tray here instead. This will at least get the kitten accustomed to the fact that the bathroom is the place to go.
Some further tips to prepare the kitten for training, which you are in prime position to put into action since you have a clean slate to work with, are;
:idea: Make sure you use the same litter in the the litter tray that you will be using on the LK once it arrives. This means NOT clumping clay litter or silicon crystals. The clumping clay is not flushable, and we have found the silicon crystals fiz when they fall into the water and disturb some cats. Instead, try a paper-based litter or one which suggests it is suitable for flushing.
:idea: Use this time to get your kitten used to the toilet without frightening it. This means make the bathroom a safe, non-threatening area. Don't lock the kitten in there; leave the door open all the time (Cats feel vulnerable when "in the act". He/she needs to know that they have easy access and therefore escape should something ever happen).
:idea: Because your kitten will be using the bathroom, make sure the toilet lid is closed at all times to avoid your curious kitten falling in and having a bad experience with the toilet (or worse) before the LK arrives. When the Litter Kwitter discs are on the toilet, there are only relatively small, safe holes until the green stage, by which time the cat can balance itself over the bowl correctly.
:idea: Read the Troubleshooting advice and Tips and Tricks section of this forum.
And good luck!
The Litter Kwitter Team.

pumpkinspotty
October 13th 2006, 12:41 PM
Dear LK admin -
Thanks for the advice! I will let you know how it's going next week. Cant' wait to see if this guy can pull it off!!!
KC