PDA

View Full Version : is my cat stressed? :(

kraisydaisy
March 25th 2010, 03:48 PM
how often should cats pee and poop? i realize this depends on how much they eat and drink but does anyone have a rough estimate? im afraid my cat might be holding her pee and i dont want her to get a urine infection and i definitely dont want her stressed out :(
does anyone have any advice or help?
please help :(

lrf462
April 29th 2010, 02:05 PM
Hey, I myself was looking for that same anwer when we first started and I read somewhere that kittens typically go no. twice a day and an adult goes once, but I'm sure that all depends. On what you said how many times they eat, etc. At the top of this forum they have a section with Trouble Shooting Advice. Talks about putting chicken stock in the cat's water to make they go more often. You may want to read it. Good Luck!

nidarasheed
July 19th 2010, 10:21 PM
My cat's go #1 twice a day minimum, and #2 depends but mostly every day.

Sintija
July 20th 2010, 12:07 AM
My 9-mo old kitties go 2x day for Nr1 and 1x day for Nr2. Sometimes Nr2 is once in two days, but that's normal. Depends on how much they've been eating.
Kittens naturally will go more often.

Sintija
July 20th 2010, 12:11 AM
Talking about kitties being stressed.

Yes, holding in is one of the signs but it should pass in a day or so. To help your kittie to feel more comfortable, take him/her to toilet, talk softly, stroke him, give a treat. It's all about building trust. If they're holding for too long, say 2-3 days, without any accidents, revert back to previous stage - you're moving too fast and kittie finds it hard to adjust. I had to tie my hands each time I wanted to cut hole in the cardboard bigger and bigger. I was ready to do it after a two accident-free days. Way too little! And if they still hold in, take it to the vet - but i doubt you'll have to go that far.
It's good to be stuborn and make your kittie to (try) to accept changes, but if he/she is bluntly saying "NO!", please listen to him. Good luck :)

JoneSmith
September 9th 2010, 09:56 PM
here i am disclosing some of the symptoms of stress in Cats,if you find these symptoms in your pet,it mean they are under stress:-

1. Spraying (even in neuters).
2. Inappropriate elimination.
3. Pacing back and forth at perimeters of fences.
4. Loss of appetite.
5. Pulling out of fur.
6. Trembling.
7. Excessive meowing.
8. Hiding from the world, under beds, behind curtains etc.

T-touch therapy may help your pet to get out of stress.

T-touch:- A form of tactile therapy often using circular movements of the fingers on the skin. Can induce a trance-like state in some cats, or can send them to sleep.

tashma
November 10th 2010, 06:39 PM
I know it is really awful situation to see your pet sick. You can easily monitor whether your cat is stressed by just observing itís behavior. If you have a very friendy cat and if it has started hiding from recently, then your cat may have symptoms of beigng stressed. Furthermore check itís food bowl so that you can get some idea about itís appetite. It is better if you consult a vet if you are unsure about itís health status.