PDA

View Full Version : 2 cats, many questions

RLMBW
February 25th 2010, 03:48 AM
My boyfriend and I have a 2 year old Siamese mix and a 1 year old tabby. We've had the LK for about a month now and it seems to be working out somewhat well. Samus (siamese mix) is particularly picky about where she pees but doesn't seem to have a problem with pooing right in the middle of the red disk. I've seen her go no. 2 twice now in the LK but have never seen her pee in it yet. Zelda (tabby) is a little more receptive to the LK. I've seen her go no. 1 and 2 in the kwitter and she only seems to have a problem with peeing. She positions herself at the very back of the LK. This has made many messes and has prompted me to put a piece of cardboard at the back to try and get her to quit this habit. I still find that the cardboard is wet but with enough duct tape it doesn't seep down to the bottom of the toilet, it usually goes into the litter. Is there a way I can stop Zelda from moving all the way to the back? Also, today was the first time with the amber disk. Samus is curious about it but could really care less about it. Zelda, however, is somewhat of a water cat and she keeps playing in the hole making a horrible mess with the litter. Is there some way to discourage her from doing this? I've also heard about cat litter attractant, does anyone know if that works well?