PDA

View Full Version : Travelling with toilet-trained cat?

catty
November 25th 2009, 03:26 PM
Can one travel with a cat that is toilet-trained? I am toilet training my cat, and she is progressing pretty well- we are at the green stage right now, and am very proud. I am just thinking about the future, and how does one go about travelling with a cat that is toilet trained? Will they adapt to new toilets? Should I bring the litter kwitter tray with us to re-establish the cat with the new toilet? How would it work for long-term road trips in a carrier? I guess she will have to use litter again sooner or later?

alikat
November 26th 2009, 06:37 AM
I have traveled with my two toilet-trained cats. They've done fine not going to the bathroom while we're on the road (often driving about 13 miles a day) and will go in the hotel. I do carry around the white litter kwitter rim, however, just so they have a familiar scent and guaranteed flat base (some toilet seats are too slanted and the cats get nervous)

Good luck!

catty
November 26th 2009, 10:42 AM
thanks, that's really helpful- i will try it when the time comes! :)

Seawolf
December 10th 2009, 12:42 AM
I have travelled with my boy who has been training with LK for 1.5 months and at green stage. I put the litter tray at the backseat as we might be on the go for 4 hours or longer. Wherever we go, we take the white rim and the greendisk and a little bit litter inside (as he is just passing to the no-litter phase) and catnip spray. That worked well since now, however the accidents are unavoidable if the LK is not stable!

Last time an accident happened I moved the LK to the ensuite instead of main bathroom where the LK was wobbly, showing the litter tray. First I put the litter tray down, and just before he began switched him onto the LK. But I kept the litter tray, next to the toilet to keep him going to that toilet.

PS. Litter tray is next to the toilet but is in the shower and the shower glass doors are shut. :)