PDA

View Full Version : I THINK I FIGURED OUT WHY they poo on floor...but solution

jcnyhc
May 1st 2009, 06:52 PM
i noticed my cat doing one of his first bowel movements with the first amber.
he dropped his load right where he should (through the hole)...but a drop of water splashed up and hit him right in the asshole. i think it freaked him out...
where's the solution to that one???

alikat
May 2nd 2009, 02:30 AM
There have been a lot of proposed solutions to that. Do a search on "bumsplash."

abdieladams
May 3rd 2009, 01:56 PM
Try to put a toilet paper in toilet before the cat use it.

jcnyhc
June 22nd 2009, 05:20 AM
my cat had a major problem with pooing on the floor and peeing in the bowl.
things have now changed im on the green......
how do u fix the problem?...its multi-tiered

a. the cat likes to dump on the floor because it usually gets cleaned up immediately by ME.....
as disgusting as it sounds if u leave the poo on the floor for a few days the cats thought pattern will change

also if possible make physical barriers to where he goes to bathroom on floor...
mine used to always poop on one side of the toilet or the other....
luckily the bathroom is small and i was able to fit two rubbermaid plastic storage containers in those spots..although i did this after a few days of showing the cat that i would not IMMEDIATELY clean his shit off the floor

FINALLY AND MOST IMPORTANTLY YOU MUST KEEP THE LITTER TRAYS CLEAN.....
(THE WORST MISTAKE U CAN MAKE IS TO LEAVE POO ON THE TRAY IN ORDER TO SHOW THE CAT THAT THIS IS WHERE HE MUST GO)

U MUST CLEAN AFTER EVERY BOWEL MOVEMENT AND EVERY URINATION
AND U MUST ADD FRESH LITTER if the cat makes a mistake on the floor don't clean it up for at least a few hours if u can't wait a day

if u do ALL of this then the litter kwitter will finally work.....good luck

again i know it sounds disgusting but hey it works... i backtracked at least 4 times and i used to use the citikitty toilet system too.
SO FOLLOW MY ADVICE