PDA

View Full Version : refusal to poo, uses bath

mork
June 27th 2006, 06:37 PM
Our 6mth old cat Kato, has progressed slowly to the amber & now green stage.However, I have the problem that he refuses to poo on the toilet, instead always choosing to use our spa bath (that is right next to the toilet) Sometimes he will wee through the drain hole as well. This all seemed to start after he got to the hole stage, & realised it had something to do with water. We have stopped him,as he was about to poo in the bath many times, & he pooed in toilet when placed on LK. But he still resolutely refuses to poo here himself, despite my patience, treats etc..I even tried leaving a few inches of water in the bath, but he responded by pooing on the bath mat! I dont want to give up, but am out of ideas.HELP.

astfors
September 1st 2006, 01:37 PM
I can see if that behaviour in my "Arwn" (Arwen in plain english, from the LOTR). When the trey was filled by her opinon, she rather poo in bath tube, than in my plastic plants with artfical soil. Sorry i couldnt bring you some tips.

joanne
September 1st 2006, 06:51 PM
Hi Mork
You are luck that you got to green before this behaviour started.
My girl is still on red because of this behaviour.
I have got her to poo on the LK twice, but it took a combination of all the tips I could find and a lot of patience.
There are lots of good tips in this website and I would recommend reading every posting - especially the thread called the conquest of 'doing it' on the toilet.
Armed with all those tricks, lots of patience and the preparedness to be more stubborn that Arwen, I am sure you will succeed, especially seing you are on green.
Good Luck

imported_admin
September 9th 2006, 11:02 AM
I'll send you the LitterKwitter newsletter
:idea: Jo